need help exstremely frustrated

Started by craptor7hundo, November 28, 2010, 07:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craptor7hundo

hey everyone i need some help so lets see what ya got... i just purchase a raptor 700 with very low hours for  2000 the only thing was it sat outside. still was in great shape and looks next to new. when i got it i couldnt get it to run good becuase the fjuel injector was visibly clogged when i took it out so i replced the injector and it ran great had at least five good ride sessions on this beast and when i went to ride it on thanksgiving it ran terrible out of no where its stumbling and falling on its face when i punch it, it will run an idly fine but has no response at all. i thought it may have been bad gas that i put in on that morning so i took the tank off and emtied it and repleced it with fresh gas and a new spark plug. i still had the same problem and now it seems to be getting worse . its got a new air filter and i did just flush the radiator but that wouldnt have anything to do with it. is
is there still moisture in there if it was bad gas?
is the throttle sensor dirty? ive heard thats a frequent problem
is the injector clogged again with more gunk from when it was sitting?
ive run out of ideas ive tried alot of things and cant see why it ran great for days and all of a sudden runs terrible. if u have a solution please let me know thanks!!!!

Colorado700R

did you double check your TPS and MAP sensor plugs? Is it stock or modified?

Peelz

electrical problem?

does the 700 have the same safety sensors as the 660 did? Rev limiter from  parking brake sensor did this to the old quad. Idles fine, but cuts ignition around 3000 rpm.

Has the bike been wrecked?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

craptor7hundo

wow peels your a genious! i did infact roll it that weekend before i put it away and i did damage the parking brake. i figure it was no big deal i would just not use it anymore. so can i just disconnect the sensor if that is the problem?? also to the other reply when i check the tps or the map sensor just check the plugs or remove them and clean them of any dirt? does that work or are they garbage after they see any dirt or debri? and guys i really appreciate the help the quad is at my buddys and ill check these issue tomorrow.

Colorado700R

no, you can clean the map and tps sensor plugs with electrical contact cleaner ;)

craptor7hundo

ok yea that makes sense. also what kind of oil do you recomend putting in? im new to this quad and my dealship says 10-40 but it seems to thin and it rus hot.  the fan never comes on either its rteally cold here now so ihavnt worried about it but i have to figure that out too

Colorado700R

10w-40 works just fine.  The fan on the rappy rarely even comes on

Colorado700R