Hinson Clutch Basket H313 - YFZ = YFM?

Started by Alkire193, November 19, 2010, 10:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Talking with the guys on Quadzone about Hinson, Barnett and Wiseco clutch baskets I learned an interesting piece of information. Hinson has the same part # for the YFZ450 and YFM700 aftermarket clutch baskets. (H313)

Here are the questions im trying to get answered, from Hinson and everywhere I can ask them:

If you can use OEM clutch plates with these baskets then would that mean that YFZ and YFM clutch components are interchangeable?

Im not sure how far this goes, but there are a few other similarities between the atv's. Could I use a 450 Rekluse clutch on a 700r?

Or even a full aftermarket clutch kit with pressure plate from Hinson?

What about 450 - 700r lock ups being interchangeable?

Has anyone tried comparing a 450 clutch set up to a 700r?

Spartan

I don't think lockups would generally be interchangeable as the YFZ has a different clutch-side case setup. The clutch itself, the basket and hubs are very similar, I think there is a minor difference with the baskets though, really can't remember offhand but I was talking to someone that was selling one and he mentioned there was a part that was unique to the yfz. I will check with him again soon and see what it was again.

Clutch plates are the same. Really hard to list what is and what isn't cause physically the clutches are about the same size but the yfz has a different setup in some areas. I know for sure the side panel is a lot easier to get into than a 700 (yfz has removable access cover factory and 700 requires the whole clutch side cover to be taken off unless you put in a DD style lockup)

Addendum- DL mentioned the YFZ baskets have a retainer clip of some kind on MR, so that might be the difference I was thinking about.