What is the advantage of dual brake lines?

Started by Livingmylife93, October 16, 2010, 10:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

it just stacks the brakeline heads between washers on a banjo bolt with two ports spaced perfectly for the line heads.

Alkire193

<---- is officially hijacking your thread  :lol:

Im interested because a more sensitive front brake with decrease the motion for my hands. The more I have to reach out and pull in fully to the grip, the larger the risk of cramping in the palm.

How much more sensitive are we talking? How much are you pulling to stop?

Any downside? Leaking? Inconsistent braking? Binding around the steering stem? Stress on the reservoir bolt when turning full right or full left? Details MAN I NEED DETAILS!  :P

Colorado700R

Quote from: Alkire193 on October 23, 2010, 05:57:14 PM
<---- is officially hijacking your thread  :lol:

Im interested because a more sensitive front brake with decrease the motion for my hands. The more I have to reach out and pull in fully to the grip, the larger the risk of cramping in the palm.

How much more sensitive are we talking? How much are you pulling to stop?

Any downside? Leaking? Inconsistent braking? Binding around the steering stem? Stress on the reservoir bolt when turning full right or full left? Details MAN I NEED DETAILS!  :P

well you rode the thing in sand, so that don't help judge much, but on loamy dirt with good front tires a panic brake will put you over the bars REAL quick.

Braking is much firmer than stock lines, fast 4-5th gear trail riding is use at most two fingers on the lever, and total movement is just barely beyond the master cylinder "click"

Haven't had any leak issues at all, very consistant, haven't noticed binding and the resi has not had any issue thus far (Had this on for 1.5 years).  I do believe that this setup will make you go through more front break pads due to the increase in pressure, and the confidence it gives you to dive bomb corners harder. But i don't see that as a negative at all.