crazy transmission what do i do

Started by oldblue700rjo, October 18, 2010, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldblue700rjo

well i went and rode my rappy and it ran fine i rode it for an hour then me and a friend draged raced alittle and whooped him but he rides a suck zuki. N e ways all a sudden my bike went crazy it would not change gears. It would die when i let out the clutch to go again but if i held the clutch in it would stay runnin even in nuetral crazy man.It will not go into nuetral or reverse it is stuck in a high gear  so i take it all apart and hope that i can find something but theres nothing wrong that i can c. So if n e body can help me please let me know something i was planning on going to the sand dunns butt i got to get it going again                 PLEASE HELP MY RAPPY
raptor 07  700r
k&m big airfilter and intake
dynatek ignition
pro ported head trinity racing
+5mm hotrods stroker
105.5 big bore 12.5 to 1 je piston
pciii
+6 swingarm (homemade looks good) and works good
ss mag wheels
LIVE TO RIDE RIDE TO LIVE

Alkire193

One of your gears may have seized onto the shaft, happened to me in 4th gear and caused the same symptoms. Except my transmission demolished one of the gears. Ill try to get the photo to point out which one seized on me.

The upper right is the focus. Notice the bottom arrow that points to a gear on the gearshaft. It was either that gear or the one below it that was frozen. I bought a second transmission off Ebay and assembled my tranny twice before I put the old and new components side by side and checked each piece. The manual doesnt tell you which gears should spin and which are meant to be stationary on the shaft. If it doesnt its seized onto the shaft and you will need to replace the damaged gear or get a new gearshaft. It may be something else, but when this happened to me that is what I found to be wrong.

Peelz

great reply alkire. you have received a karma.

so....a gear could seize, and not allow your motor to turn unless clutch is in? THat sucks.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on October 19, 2010, 06:52:52 AM
great reply alkire. you have received a karma.

so....a gear could seize, and not allow your motor to turn unless clutch is in? THat sucks.

Sa - weet! Thanks Peeler! I dont care what they say about you, you're all right in my book!

What I figured was that it had overheated, maybe run low on oil at some point? Possibly even the wrong oil let it run hot. Then one of the gears that was supposed to be spinning welded itself to another gear on the shaft. Because they couldnt spin separately, the whole transmission couldnt spin. When you release the clutch to allow the transmission to drive, it cant's spin. Two options are the motor can create enough pressure on the drivetrain to free the gear, or.....catastrophic failure of of the motor. The piece that gave way for me under all the stress was in the picture above. We had to disconnect the chain and tow it off the MX track.

Peelz

I don't care what they say either. If I did, I would probably want to :funyun: every day. :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"