In need of Glamis 101

Started by Headrope, September 27, 2010, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Might be heading to Glamis in March and am looking for any advice that could help make it the trip of a lifetime
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

socalrappy700

First off, take a GPS.  There are many sites on the net that have the cords for all the hot spots. Once you get into the dunes deep its easy to lose your way.  You'll need a sicker which you can pick up at gecko road, right off the main highway.  Some of the best camping is on the east end, called the wash.  Most times I stay around wash 14, all washes are marked as you drive in.  Just look for a quiet spot since there are some people that go all night, if you want to sleep look for a spot that won't have as much sand rail traffic.  It may be huge but the place can get really packed, never jump without a spotter.  Also, the drag strip or "strip" is not family friendly in the few hours before dusk....picture girls gone wild.  It's a great time to people watch and get in a few high speed runs but leave the kids at camp.  Just play it safe and enjoy, it will be a trip you never forget and I'm sure you will want to come back.  Let me know when you plan to come out and I can see if I can line up some of the other members to be out there the same weekend.   
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Segkast

Oury grips & Yamalube

socalrappy700

07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Headrope

Great info. Thank you!

I've been seeing mentions of California highway approved fuel containers. Do I have to buy special gas cans or something? Here in Washington state, second only to Oregon in treehuggery, we can use standard plastic jugs, like what you'd fill up a lawmower with.
Two '06 700R SEs

Peelz

it is made of sand.  ;) let uis know how else we can help.

:lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

socalrappy700

Quote from: Headrope on September 28, 2010, 03:09:38 PM
Great info. Thank you!

I've been seeing mentions of California highway approved fuel containers. Do I have to buy special gas cans or something? Here in Washington state, second only to Oregon in treehuggery, we can use standard plastic jugs, like what you'd fill up a lawmower with.

They've said that but I haven't been busted yet.  I'll have to ask around to see if anyone else has.
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Headrope

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 28, 2010, 04:10:57 PM

So THAT'S why it's called the Imperial Sand Dunes. Makes total sense now. Thanks. :thumbs:
Two '06 700R SEs

Peelz

Quote from: Headrope on September 29, 2010, 06:30:35 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 28, 2010, 04:10:57 PM

So THAT'S why it's called the Imperial Sand Dunes. Makes total sense now. Thanks. :thumbs:

no prob headrope. Just jealous I can't go.  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

disco

How hard are green stickers to come by?  From what I've seen you can go to shops in California or neighboring states and pick one up.  Is it that simple?  You just show up with your out of state license and tell them you want to buy a sticker?
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Peelz

you have to make out with a tree first.

disco

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on October 07, 2010, 04:54:28 AM
you have to make out with a tree first.

Screw dat.  I'm bringing Windex and a razor blade.  Yall are all okay, I'm stealing a sticker of a Honda or something.
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury