YouTube strikes again!

Started by Alkire193, September 01, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peelz

Quote from: disco on September 04, 2010, 03:55:31 AM
Quote from: PeelsSE2 on September 03, 2010, 08:14:59 PM
yeah alkire. radio stations pay a fee to use the songs. bro in law licenses music as part of his job. much bank being made.  :rolleyes:

Not to change the subject but maybe you can help out here.  Why do some stations play some bands or even particular songs more than others?  I know some are requested and stuff like that but I've come to the quite possibly misguided conclusion that perhaps some songs have reduced royalties to get more airtime.  Regular FM radio,  you can count on the same old songs from the same old bands being played all the time.  They may have had several hits but there is a core collection they absolutely wear out.

Back to the subject at hand, this video I can see the copyright holder having a problem with it. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtvyNxkFU7s&feature=related

The video Alkire posted isn't like that.  Somebody is playing their radio, others are talking, somebody is filming.   The video is a snapshot of the night.  If I have my helmet cam on and I ride by some guy with his window down, blaring his music, on my way to the dunes and later post my video, I don't want the copyright holding claiming infringement.  That's going overboard.  By the same token, Yamaha and Ford can claim trademark infringements because I used their TM in a video without their consent.

I do see your point MD, I can't go around grabbing others work to use as I please.  But, it's late, I'm tired, and I'm feeling argumentative.   :lol:

I want to trademark my name and likeness.   :D

a licensing company buys the rights to the song. Then distributes it to each radio station. Most radio stations are owned by big umbrella companies like "clear channel" they own 1000's of stations. they buy a bunch music at once, and play on all their stations, not just one, making it cheaper.  I hate when they do those "be caller number xxx" giveaways, not telling you the giveaways are for all 1000 stations. ghay..totally agree. we aren't making vids to make a profit. just to show off our bad ass dune riding trips to our buddies.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"