Launching a boat?

Started by redraptor23, July 11, 2010, 12:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redraptor23

Im gonna be launchin a boat tomorrow. I have a rear exit dual exhaust on my truck. I was wondering if its ok to submerge the exhuast under water while launching the boat? Might be a dumb question but ive heard yes and no. Any help would be appreciated!! Or stuff i shouldnt do??!!
D7 STAGE 2 TURBO BUILD "DAMIEN"

Spartan

You'll be fine. Just dont turn the truck off while it's underwater. If you're at a boat ramp then you shouldn't have that issue. Only time I ever had mine undewater was beach launches and high tide in a storm.

Peelz

Quote from: Spartan727 on July 11, 2010, 04:43:57 AM
You'll be fine. Just dont turn the truck off while it's underwater. If you're at a boat ramp then you shouldn't have that issue.

+1
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Alkire193

Ok ive never turned the truck off with the exhaust underwater, what happens if I do? I mean, it has to suck up a LOT of water when I start it again to reach the engine, right?

Peelz

Quote from: Alkire193 on July 11, 2010, 08:46:12 AM
Ok ive never turned the truck off with the exhaust underwater, what happens if I do? I mean, it has to suck up a LOT of water when I start it again to reach the engine, right?

true. only precautionary.  :thumbs:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

you can shut your motor off just fine, boat ramps are slanted and the motor/headers are well above the water line.  The exhaust pipes will instantly have postive pressure once the motor spines pushing the water out.  Unloaded allot of boats over the years, never had an issue.

Aaron

Spartan

Really depends on a lot of factors...I have seen a lot of vehicles get hydrolocked from starting with the tailpipe under water. I'd just leave it running for good measure, not like it will be idling the whole time out on the ramp.

Peelz

I'm on a boat muthaf**ker!

:boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: