PC3 losing map???

Started by Blair, January 30, 2010, 08:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

so forgive me because i am getting this info second hand from 300 miles away and my bro in law may or may not know exactly what he is talking about...

his quad has started running like crap, i adjusted his TPS and it ran perfectly (it was way out)  the next time he went to ride it it was running like crap again, he does not know how to adjust the tps so he plugged the power comander in and 'remapped' it, it ran perfectly again for that day, the next day he went to ride it again, it was running like crap. he plugged the laptop into the power commander again and he says the map has changed and is not the same map that he had installed. which doesnt seem right to me.

i am still thinking that it is a TPS and that when he plugged the power commander he remapd the throttle as well and that is why it ran fine but hte TPS keeps putting it out of whack.  any one have any ideas
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Homesteadraptor700

I agree with your thoughts. I would have him measure the resistance on the TPS and see if it is out of specs. And probably just check the power and ground connections to the PCIII just to make sure it's not caused by some flaky connection. When you get it solved let us know what it was.

Colorado700R

did you zero the TPS via the powercommader software after you adjusted it to spec?

Blair

colo... i dont remember if i did... when i get home later this week i will... i am going to re zero the TPS and re zero it with the PC software and go from there... and keep him away from it... he is better to just ride it and never try to fix it
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Colorado700R

Blair

for the record... my bro inlaw finally listend to me... it was the TPS...