disco

mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Gunz

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Colorado700R

wastednuts

txredxj

is there a reason people dont/cant just pop it into neural?

disco

On the Prius, the shifter isn't physically connected to the transmission, kind of a drive by wire deal like the accelerator.  If there is a computer malfuntion, it probably ignores whatever inputs you give it.  The guy on the freeway the other day probably didn't shift into neutral because it probably would have worked since *I think* he was faking it. 

Now the brakes should work I think.  I don't know if the brakes are vacuum operated, if so it would be hard to stop at 100% throttle because you won't have much vacuum if at all.  I think VW or Audi had that problem years ago.  Goes wide open and your power brakes disappear.

Car and Driver (March 2010) had an article where they got a 540 hp Roush Mustang and floored the gas and brakes and still stopped it.  100-0 mph, full throttle - 903 feet.  I guess that Prius is a torque monster.   :rofl:

I personally think people are blowing this out of proportion and everybody is trying to get a piece of the pie. 
mostly stock with a 12t sprocket of fury

Hefe

bump the shifter to the side, it goes into neutral

Peelz

total loser. shouldn't be driving If he can't figure out how to stop it. Or a faker.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Spartan

lmfao...Almost as good as that youtube vid of the guy demonstrating how to put it in neutral

Hefe