I saw my daughter tonite...

Started by Gunz, January 26, 2010, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunz

I haven't seen or heard from her since October. She called while we were eating dinner and asked if she could come over. Damn I miss her. You know how kittys are so damn cute, but when they grow up they aren't nothing but boring as cats.... Well I wish my baby girl wasn't growing up. I wish she was still my little girl. FERK'n sucks to see them move on.... I hate it. I know it's going to be a while before we are close again and if she's anything like me, then we are talking years. Peels, Aaron, and all the other guys.....you have know idea whats in store,,,hang on to them while you still got 'em.

Your Pal
Michael

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

socalrappy700

Damn, sorry its been so hard on you.  Major prayers for a quick healing.  But her coming over is a start. 
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Peelz

Sucks. It does seem to happen fast. It's cliche', but it seems like yesterday we were bringing home our oldest from the hospital, scared shitless about how we were going to take care of him :lol: Now, he's beating grown old men in online mariokart and smack talking them. :lol:

She's 18 now? feel for ya man.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Well Mikey, you gotta look at from the prospective that She was proactive and cared enough to contact you.  And that's something.

We've talked before about her, and I know it's an open wound in your heart. I know that feeling very, very well.   When they're kids and show some of your, or their mom's characteristics it's fun and cute.  As they get older there is no way to stop them from showing your or there mom's charateristics that aren't so appealing.

Ethan truly is my clone when I was a teenager.  He's very smart, but very lazy.  He can identify exactly what needs to be done and is very decisive, but yet lacks the intiative to accomplish it on his own.  It hurts me very deeply becuase I know that his struggles in school and the drama with his mother are mostly becuase he is my son and reflects his fathers image at that age so perfectly.

Regardless of how angry I get, the thought "you were the same way" creeps into my thoughts. But the bottomline is there is an uncanny connection that I can relate to my son.  Becuase he reflects me good and bad, no one knows him better than I do.  If he chooses to listen, i can tell him exactly the cost of his apathy, i can show him the harsh road I had to travel to get where I am, and perhaps help him avoid those same pitfalls i fell into.  Only I can show him this.

Whether he chooses to listen is his choice, I cannot make it for him. However, I will always remain available for advise, comforting, and understanding becuase as I know so very well.......It is my privilage to be his father.

Mike, our situations are not the same, however our roles as fathers are.  I know you are there for your daughter anytime she needs you, and that is the most important thing a father can do IMO.  You did a fine job raising her to where she is, you do the best you can.  Someday.....maybe not today, nor tomorrow...she'll remeber that too.

Your a good man Mike, keep up the good work.

Aaron

Lady4Fiddy

Sorry Mike that things are going this way, but as a girl I know her side of it and she is trying to be independent and find out who she is and what she wants to do in life. All you can do is call her and say hello, invite her over and hope she comes by. Just keep encouraging her and she will start to see she is missed.

During this stage in the transition to adulthood it is hard to know who you are and where you are going. Even though they couldn't stand the parents nagging at them all the time there is no one to tell her the right direction to take and sometimes it's hard to suck it up and ask for help or advice because of the need to be independent.

I hope this can give you some insight on what may possibly be her perspective and comfort your thoughts of the worse happenings.

Call me if you need to chat sweety! :kiss:

Nikki
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me! >:D