Barker Head Pipe Question

Started by MORAPTOR700, December 14, 2009, 04:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORAPTOR700

Getting ready to install the Barkers and I have a question. Do I need to put the stock head pipe gasket on with the Barkers? Its the gasket between the head pipe and the head. Thanks Tony
2007 Raptor 700SE    Black/Orange

09RappySE

Yes, otherwise you will have leaks.
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

MORAPTOR700

Thats what I thought. Thanks

Notice once I got them (Barkers) out of the box that there was no clamp or spring for the tail pipes. I thought there should be so I looked at me Raptor Rally LS pictures and sure enough should have some. So I quickly called TRF and they are sending them out. Thanks TRF Oh by the way the port job looks good also. :thumbs:

Everything is coming together rather nicely hope to put a fire in it in a couple days.  :nod: :nod: :clap: :clap:

PnoT

got any pictures of this gasket as i don't recall having to put anything on mine when the barkers went in?

Krandall

If it didn't come out w/ your stock exhaust they may still be sitting in the head exhaust ports. they are little copper o-rings.

I would suggest just replacing them. They are VERY cheap from the stealership even. that way you can ensure a toight like a toiger fit and no leakes. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

MORAPTOR700

PnoT

Yea, they must have stayed in there because I've never seen them and thanks for the pic!