The World's Best Places to Live

Started by NaturalRaptor, June 12, 2008, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalRaptor

It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 13, 2008, 09:25:51 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 13, 2008, 06:19:35 AM
Geneva is the one place I haven't made it to.  Guess I'll bump it up the list.

Ah yes.

Switzerland.

Makers of fine timepieces!

I'm there dude.

~Brian

I would drool over your collection of watches! What is your fav?
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Flynbyu

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on June 13, 2008, 10:15:53 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 13, 2008, 09:25:51 AM
Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 13, 2008, 06:19:35 AM
Geneva is the one place I haven't made it to.  Guess I'll bump it up the list.

Ah yes.

Switzerland.

Makers of fine timepieces!

I'm there dude.

~Brian

I would drool over your collection of watches! What is your fav?

I like them all, but I have favorites depending on my activity.  I wear them all in rotation through the week.

Diving and water related activities, The Rolex Submariner. It's water resistant up to 1000 ft, and is very luminous under water. The movement is highly accurate for a mechanical watch. It's usually only off 30-45 seconds per month.

Night flying, the Fortis Flieger. It's lume lasts a long time. Shine a light on the dial for 30 seconds and it's good for two hours. I have dove with this watch too. It's water resistant to 600 feet.

Day flights, and for maximum bling factor, The Breitling Navitimer World. It's size (46mm, 24mm at the lugs) makes it stand out, and it's a fully functional piece. Complete with chronograph, and slide rule (Used for figuring fuel burn, simple math, crosswind component, etc). The only negative, it's not 100% water resistant. It is only rated to 100ft and doesn't go near water.

I'm still on watch probation from the last purchase. I really want a Breitling Super Avenger. It's a whopping 48.4mm and weighs 153 grams. Thick case, and water resistant to 100 ft. My wife has been on me about her getting a new one now.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

NaturalRaptor

I guess if you take turns it will get your next one faster! My brother visited NY and brought me my first Rolex(yes its fake) but I need to get a few links removed. It is a cool gift though.

Flynbyu

Quote from: NaturalRaptor on June 13, 2008, 11:38:45 AM
I guess if you take turns it will get your next one faster! My brother visited NY and brought me my first Rolex(yes its fake) but I need to get a few links removed. It is a cool gift though.

There are some very good replicas out there. Some even have the standard Valjoux movements many Swiss makers use, but most are Chinese movements. The only thing is if one does malfunction, finding someone to work on them is tough. There are some replicas that even fool me! I do a lot of research on a model before buying. The Rolex was my "Holy Grail" of watches. It was a piece I always wanted but I see something, or read something about another and I get the bug.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum