break in

Started by armyman_333, January 07, 2010, 10:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony81

Did you just rebuild the top end on it or is it a new machine? When i done mine my CP piston came with a break in sheet. It said just start it and go through 3 heat cycles at idle and then ride it at 50% of your normal riding condition for 15 min and let cool down and keep going up in percentage by 10% and once you reach 100% your done. But everyone does it different so im not saying any of the breakins are wrong. I was just gonna let u know what my CP piston said when i got it.
08 Raptor 700 SE
PC III
Youshimura exhaust
Pro Design intake & K&N filter
Mega Cycle X1 cam
12.5:1 JE piston
Trinity Racing 105.5 mill big bore
Hot Rods 5 mill stroker crank
15 tooth front

preddy08

Quote from: anthony81 on January 08, 2010, 01:03:38 PM
Did you just rebuild the top end on it or is it a new machine? When i done mine my CP piston came with a break in sheet. It said just start it and go through 3 heat cycles at idle and then ride it at 50% of your normal riding condition for 15 min and let cool down and keep going up in percentage by 10% and once you reach 100% your done. But everyone does it different so im not saying any of the breakins are wrong. I was just gonna let u know what my CP piston said when i got it.

make sure the oil is for a "wet clutch application"
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

Quote from: preddy08 on January 09, 2010, 12:23:07 AM
Quote from: anthony81 on January 08, 2010, 01:03:38 PM

make sure the clutch is for a "wet clutch application"

do you mean oil? :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

preddy08

I gotz da clutch on da mind.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.