Should 700 owners be worried about this?

Started by Headrope, October 20, 2009, 10:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Yamaha's new 450X looks to have stock a lot of what we're trying to do to ours  - and then some.
Coupled with Yamaha's lack of anything really new for the 700 since '07 should it be a source of concern?
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelfeatures/635/0/features.aspx

Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Krandall

What do you mean?

New Raptor 700 vs 450x

Other than CC's whats the difference? Both have nice shocks. Both are Fuel Injected.
Of course they are going to put some emphasis on the YFZ right now. It's still new to the market with the FI. So they want to make the product shine a bit.

The Raptor is one of the best selling sport quads in the industry right now. I highly doubt they will kill it off if that's what you're leading towards?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Peelz

No. BUt....We should be ready for some of the trick parts off the 450 to make it's way onto the 700.

When they switched from 660 to 700. Some parts/tech came off the 450. Suspension mostly. Anyways, I am not worried. I already have the raptor I want. ;)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Kamakazi

Quote from: PeelsSE2 on October 20, 2009, 11:19:19 AM
Anyways, I am not worried. I already have the raptor I want. ;)

too bad it is blue and white  :(  

j/k peelio, the se aint too shabby EH!
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Headrope

Quote from: Krandall on October 20, 2009, 10:40:44 AM
What do you mean?

New Raptor 700 vs 450x

Other than CC's whats the difference? Both have nice shocks. Both are Fuel Injected.
Of course they are going to put some emphasis on the YFZ right now. It's still new to the market with the FI. So they want to make the product shine a bit.

The Raptor is one of the best selling sport quads in the industry right now. I highly doubt they will kill it off if that's what you're leading towards?

Not indicating that the sky is falling. I'm just wondering what we should make of it.
Seems odd that knowing the 700 has been one of the best sellers, Yamaha would make two versions of the 450 - one for dune/track and one for GNCC conditions - instead of putting more eggs in the 700 basket.
Given the economy right now I'd wager more people could 'afford' (yeah, I know) new parts but not new quads. And with so many 700s already out there some money could be made.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Mad Dog

I think this atv is aimed at replacing the old yfz, giving consumers the option of the upgrades of the 450R but who don't need or want the suspension.  Frankly I think the pricing should be lower than the R because of this, but alas the prices are already outrageous.  I think this is the natural evolution of the standard yfz, just drawn out and done in such a way to allow them to continue selling the cheaper carbeurated models and charge a premium for what would be it's replacement.

I don't think this is cause for worry to big bore enthusiasts.  The lack of heavy competition from suzuki, kawi or polaris in the sra segment and the fact that the only real big bore is an IRS machine from honda from keeps Yamaha on their laurels.  You can expect a major update, but I wouldn't hold your breath.