Alkire193 - Quad Whisperer

Started by Alkire193, November 01, 2009, 08:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkire193

Sometimes our quads try to tell us things, and we are just to stupid to listen. Today my quad basically flipped me the bird while cursing about my mother in mid air.

I wanted to start my winter build, but I just couldnt help having one last ride on my 770 before packing it in. It was muddy at the MX track (trail riding was closed) and very choppy, almost couldnt even ride at all. Slow lap after slow lap flattening down the track for the dirt bikes I finally was able to shift into 3rd without getting thrown off my bike. As I nailed the berm and carried my speed all was well. But seconds later the bike preloaded at the base of the step down and I heard a "POP". As I took air I hear this sound as if my wheel is coming off and focus on my front wheels instead of the landing. My front right wheel is not facing forward, it looks more like it wants to take over the job of my front bumper as it has turned 90 degrees and is no longer attached to the a-arm. I quickly hammer the throttle and throw my ass hard back in the seat taking all my weight away from the front end.

Smooth landing as the wheel tucks under the quad and pops the nut off the lower arm. Now the wheel is hanging from my tie rod and brake line dragging under the bike as I come to a stop.

Good save, but I think my bike has finally said "No mas". I kept pushing it all year, one more event, one more rally, one more race. Now, things are just popping off and falling apart all over.

So what caused the "POP"? Upper A-arm rod end snapped clean from the a-arm. The landing took the nut off like a cork. But never fear, I have pictures!!

And also, I know I said my +2 Wicked A-arms off Ebay were good and worked for me. This is now a dam lie! The rod ends by the frame are loose, VERY loose and allow the a-arms to pivot all over when they shouldnt, also there wasnt that much stress applied to the a-arms recently and the rod end just snapped clean off.

Colorado700R

Nice save, that shit coulda hurt!!!

Time for an A-arm upgrade.  Houser's, ATV 4-Play?

Aaron

Ranger

Why is there a FL tag on your trailer?

And it sucks about the breakage....

Peelz

LOL Alkire... Do you make the "shhh" noise like the homo dog guy does when the quad is misbehaving? :lol: :lol:

glad you didn't get hurt man.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

:jaw: :jaw:

Dang dude, you got VEEEEEEERYYYYY lucky!!!!

Nice save. What's the plan for the rappy now?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

NaturalRaptor

Good save, no rachet strap for that one!  ;)
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Alkire193

Hey Matt, need you to call my phone. Lost my phone lost my numbers. Got an iPhone though so I'm back on the source!

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once