Honda Pilot

Started by Segkast, October 27, 2009, 10:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Segkast

Hey, saw some talk in the chatbox earlier today...  ???

Honda Pilots are 400cc 2 strokes. Centrifical (sp, Mr. Ninja?)automatic clutch w/ reverse.

Only produced in 1989 and '90, basically an Oddy on steroids. We had an oddy too for a while, that was a blast when I was younger  :batman:

My Pops has one, we used to have another for my Mom until we sold it a couple years ago. Went FAST at $6500, almost mint condition '90 Pilot. You can still find them here and there for sale, kickass rigs. He dunes his all over, it really climbs pretty damn well for what it is. Pretty quick. Not fast, but that engine will move for the weight it's carrying.

His right now, like I said, is an '89. The engine is a mild build by ATV Racing in AZ, not real high compression, but it's P&P'd. Last engine/spare was a race gas engine, high comp- was a bit faster, but I don't know that it climbed any better ? He's got Works shocks all the way around now, and along with 22" tires, relocated the radiator higher for better flow, intake, and a new muffler... it's one hell of a ride now  :wootwoot:

Few pics:

these two are the '90 we used to have. Pretty much stock, save for little things like an upgraded seatbelt/harness.

Oury grips & Yamalube

Peelz

A: centrifugal ;)

B: I wanna drive it.

:lol:  :thumbs:  WHaddya say seggie? Bring it to Iowa.

seriously thanks for th info. could not remember which was which.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Segkast

Iowa ? What the HELL is goin on in IOWA ? :rofl:

Yeah, they're a blast, and you can get some good air if you know what you're doing, just gotta be careful, there's NO weight up front basically, so it's very ass heavy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsZVae1m7yk
Oury grips & Yamalube

Krandall

freakin sweet!!!!!!!

I didn't know there was so much stuff for those things.  :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenneth

I love those things! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com
Our New Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/KBMotorsports2005
Store Hours
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 6:00pm Eastern Time
270-774-1982
Sales@kbmotorsportsonline.com