Spark plug....iridium or not to iridium

Started by socalrappy700, August 25, 2009, 07:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txredxj

+5 hr crank, bored tb, kbr port, hc3, kenny valve, 11-1 cp piston, pro design k&n, ron woods pipe, pc3. I have looked for maps and asked but they are hard to find for my build. But the map I run is fat but better than the alternative of running lean.

02raptor660

Quote from: Krandall on August 25, 2009, 08:55:23 AM
I chose not to go iridium, cost isn't that much more, but still more. I'm stubborn I guess, if someone can show me that it's that much better, I'll switch. People say hotter spark blah blah blah. If you want a hotter spark why not bump up to a hotter plug? I've ran regular plugs.

incorrect.  a hotter plug is not a hotter spark. a hotter or colder plug has do deal with removing temp from the cumbustion chamber not the spark.  normally when you increase the cc temp you should drop to a heat range colder plug.
mike

Colorado700R

Quote from: 02raptor660 on August 27, 2009, 07:06:40 AM
Quote from: Krandall on August 25, 2009, 08:55:23 AM
I chose not to go iridium, cost isn't that much more, but still more. I'm stubborn I guess, if someone can show me that it's that much better, I'll switch. People say hotter spark blah blah blah. If you want a hotter spark why not bump up to a hotter plug? I've ran regular plugs.

incorrect.  a hotter plug is not a hotter spark. a hotter or colder plug has do deal with removing temp from the cumbustion chamber not the spark.  normally when you increase the cc temp you should drop to a heat range colder plug.
mike

+1

DL700

we run 9's  :thumbs:     if u have an oil burner then u may want a 6...
CUERVO RACING

Duane

got one in mine, didn't notice any difference, running or start up.
07 Rappy 700r SE1
1. Barker duals
2. FuelATV air filter
3. PCIIIusb
4. Prog Dyantek ing
5. stgII Hotcm
6. Kenny TB bore
7. JE 11-1 piston
ebay 8k HIDs, skat 21/12-8 7 paddles, I-shock I4500, G-force axle, CCP sterring stabilizer
other toy 66 2 door post Nova, LS1/4l60e, in progress