any advice for a first time engine rebuild?

Started by Warren, August 03, 2009, 05:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

i'm wanting to stick with stock bore though. since i already have a piston for stock bore. does anyone make 102MM sleeves for a stock bore set-up?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

dabigbratj

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Kenny

Quote from: Alkire193 on August 09, 2009, 04:34:40 PM
If you can try grabbing an Iron sleeve so you dont have to worry about nikasil. Most sleeves I see are 70-80 bucks. And mine is at US Chrome right now getting bored out. Ill let you know next week how they do :)

Preddy has it right, go big or go home
I would like to see a big bore too..... You could probably sell that piston for near what you have in it.

On a side note..... Cool pic Chris! That thing is gonna be real nasty to handle in the mud with the 770 :rofl: :nod:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Warren

i'm wanting to stay stock bore just because i don't even need the amount of power i'm wanting to add as it is. i only ride trails mostly and i hit the sand about 2 times a year. and i'm wanting to run stock swingarm length as well.

if i did go big bore what should i do seriously? and what kind of costs are we talking here?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Alkire193

Quote from: Kenny on August 14, 2009, 03:39:24 AM
Quote from: Alkire193 on August 09, 2009, 04:34:40 PM
If you can try grabbing an Iron sleeve so you dont have to worry about nikasil. Most sleeves I see are 70-80 bucks. And mine is at US Chrome right now getting bored out. Ill let you know next week how they do :)

Preddy has it right, go big or go home
I would like to see a big bore too..... You could probably sell that piston for near what you have in it.

On a side note..... Cool pic Chris! That thing is gonna be real nasty to handle in the mud with the 770 :rofl: :nod:

Those wheels will kick so much mud so fast :lol: eventually im bound to get to something dry! 

Alkire193

Quote from: warren on August 14, 2009, 04:46:55 AM
i'm wanting to stay stock bore just because i don't even need the amount of power i'm wanting to add as it is. i only ride trails mostly and i hit the sand about 2 times a year. and i'm wanting to run stock swingarm length as well.

if i did go big bore what should i do seriously? and what kind of costs are we talking here?

I wasnt able to dig up much in the way of prices for getting an iron sleeve in your raptor. Preddy would have some knowledge on that since he has one. But I did find some interesting info. Read up on this! http://www.semiweb.com/30953/bore-cylinder/

Pros and Cons

Re-Plated Cylinder Bore
Pro
• Small advantage in heat transfer
• A little 'better wear factor
• Various' lowest coefficient of friction
• weighs a few ounces less
Cons
• Costs slightly more
• You can not be bored when damage occurs
• More fragile
• Can flake and peel