What is this thing called?

Started by Headrope, August 11, 2009, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Noticed over the weekend a bunch of quads had a cylindrical storage compartment/tube thingy bolted to to the subframe via the left side rear grab bar bolts - kind of like a second muffler but about the size of a beer can. The storage compartments looked professionally made.

Anyone know what they were or who makes them?
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Nick

some people on here, or Rf have made something like that, I can't recall who it was, but i'm sure someone will chime in. Nice to have extra storage, I have a handle bar bag on my rear grab bar to store extra junk in.

Krandall

400ex's come stock with them. I believe 450r's have them as well (honda)
can be seen here:

One person give me a few mins, went as far as contacting H.E.P to create one for his raptor. I'll find the pics in a few mins.  :thumbs:

only ones I've seen other than the previously said person, was someone made one out of PVC w/ threaded caps.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Krandall

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Peelz

just make one out of PVC and a cap.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Danny T

I sold mine, but contact andrew @ HEP
www.HaleyEngineeredPerformance.com
(815) 842-2002

Stand up guy and makes a great product... fast!

Headrope

Of course. What is on the back of that Honda is what I saw on Yamahas.
The HEP thing looks terrible.
Thanks for the link and pics.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

Alkire193

Caught this on ModdedRaptor.com. They show one that has the PVC tube about 3-4" in diameter held to the front frame behind the bumper with tube clamps. Low cost, nice idea I think. A 10mm, 14mm, Alan keys and a rope and ill never break down again!

Krandall

And if you do. you can get towed out!  :clap:

:lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Alkire193