Big Bore Map to Stock Bore Map

Started by Mtneer Man, May 31, 2008, 09:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtneer Man

Ok ive got a map for a  727 with a single and all other mods are the same. How much should i lean it out to get close
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)
Stellar Machine and Performance

SandDragon

Bore size should not effect the map... compression will, but I believe if you did a 9.2:1 727 it would use the same map as a 686. ???

Mtneer Man

Sorry, i should have been more specific on what i was asking. I did get it figured out though
T.W.S.S. Racing
Racers Edge AZ
Bo White (Velociraptor)
Stellar Machine and Performance

Colorado700R

Quote from: SandDragon on May 31, 2008, 02:00:48 PM
Bore size should not effect the map... compression will, but I believe if you did a 9.2:1 727 it would use the same map as a 686. ???

SD, I'm confused.   A larger bore will require a larger total volume of fuel/air mixture to run correctly.  The larger piston will be drawing a larger volume of air into the cylinder and so the FI map will need adjustment to meet the ~12.7 to 1 A/F ratio.  I would think a SB map would be very lean?? 

And I also thought that compression should do very little to map requirements, since the A/F requirements would not increase or decrease?

Aaron

pdxmatt

That is correct. If you displace more air, you need more fuel. And compression should not affect your map.

SandDragon

You are correct Clorado... I smoked alot of weed in my day.  LOL  I guess my brain was slow when I posted that.  OOPS!  :clap:  I will say the 12.7 should be 13.1....  :P

Colorado700R

Quote from: SandDragon on June 11, 2008, 08:23:27 PM
You are correct Clorado... I smoked alot of weed in my day.  LOL  I guess my brain was slow when I posted that.  OOPS!  :clap:  I will say the 12.7 should be 13.1....  :P

When you say "Back in the day", you mean two weeks ago ??   :lol:

Aaron

SandDragon

I mean October 18th 2005.  ;)  Well at least that is the last time "remember" drinking or getting high.  :grin_nod:

ThisGuyAlex

you sure about that? that front bumper looks like something out of a scary acid trip..... :rofl:
sold the raptor....full on 05 yfz in progress...

stock parts: fuel tank, swingarm and rear shock