Better life through machine work? Kumbaya b!tches!

Started by Kenny, March 10, 2009, 02:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

hey kenny, i am anxiously awaiting you parts to arrive in canada. after rereading this post i have a few questions.  will a stock head gasket seal nearly as well or better than the cometic gasket?  and where do you get this dry film moly spray?
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

NaturalRaptor

Kenny, I was looking at the chamfer bits and wanted to know what size you recommend.   ???   I found 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 at the local store. And what is the depth that you are chamfering?    ???

Thanks again,
Matt
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

russ-russ

NaturalRaptor, the size of the bit isn't really important, as long as it comes to a small enough point to be used in all the small holes you want to chamfer and is big enough not to get the straight sides into the big holes you want to chamfer.  I'd think the 5/8" would be good as long as it meets those criteria.

Kenny, if you ever want to explore the limits of "too" smooth and "too" flat, I have several lapping machines at work where we regularly achieve .00005" (yes I mean 50 millionths) flatness and can get an 8 micro or even a 4 micro finish.  I could do one cylinder/head on the sly, but if you ever wanted to do a bunch, we could set up a P.O. and do it all legal-like.