Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Author Topic: Weekend ended with a bang  (Read 348 times)

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
Weekend ended with a bang
« on: August 08, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »
Im gonna summarize because im tired of telling this story in all its details but I went up to upstate IL to see the family and after I dropped them off at Ohare this morning at 4 am I started driving the 8 hours back to TN. Then I met DUI Dave. No, really, his name was Dave so it fits perfectly.

To make this short im going to tell you his story if he could remember it. He got onto the I-290S and careened over 3 lanes into the concrete barrier. That bent both his tires in toward eachother. Dave then proceeds to drive 6 miles that way with his car going left then right then left then right at about 20 in a 55 zone, center lane no less.

Someone calls it in to the metro police.

Then I see Dave, im in the left lane minding my own buisness (at 70mph) thinking hes stopping to avoid something in the road. Then as im passing him, he takes out the side of my truck and flattens my tire. The car swings so sharply there was no reaction time.

My Dodge took some hits, but the score is Dodge Ram - 1, Infinity POS SUV - 0. He lost his bumper and I slammed his tire into his engine. Stupid  :mad: er

Ok so the interesting stuff starts when I start asking him questions.

"Hey man you ok?" - ME
(Stupid Grin) - Dave
"Hey, HEY!! Look at me! Are you ok!?" - ME
"Dude man, yea dude im totally cool man" - Dave

"What were you doing going so slow and weaving like that?" - ME
"Dude man, I dont know yo. If I was in the moment I could tell you but I just dont know" - Dave

"Hey man, I dont see a lot of damage here, so im gonna get going. My parents house is nearby" - Dave
"No dude, lets take a look" - ME

I show him the flat tire and the bed damage and he tells me he will help me with the spare then he has to go.
"Youre not leaving, the cops have to get a statement and assess the damage. And your wheels are facing one another, you cant drive like that!" - ME

To make this shorter, I had to point out his front tires three times. He kept trying to leave. I sat him down and asked him point blank if he was high or drunk. He lied and said no. So I figured hes either mentally unwell or lying.

I told the cops the short story and they did the field sobriety test.

He didnt study very hard, so he failed miserably. Walked into his own car while following the cop. Fell over the barrier when walking the line and poked himself in the eye several hilarious times.

The sad part is, I JUST got the truck back from the shop for damage to THAT fender last week.

But after I get my tire replaced, drive 8 hours home and all is done I see my mailbox is not where I left it. Its CAST IRON, so these things dont run away.

"Hey buddy, so uh, we had this storm and it washed away the chalk blocks for my Uhaul trailer and it hit your mailbox. Tore it right off the rivets dude. The two halves of it are in the garage" - My roommate

Lol, did I piss off someone up above lately? All this in one day. Whats next?

Good news though. My SPAL fan arrived!  :clap:

Online Krandall

• Führer
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 1337
  • Dracus II
    • Yamaha Raptor Forum
    • Email
Re: Weekend ended with a bang
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:12 PM »
damn dude!!! Eventful weekend for sure!!!!!

Had one of my old roomates weddings to attend this evening. Rained all morning, cleared up and was sunny, figured all would be well for the out door wedding, rained right when we got tehre.. whatev took out the umbrella... no biggie, go to the outdoor reception. Tornado warnings. Sirens going off. had to call the party.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Online Peelz

• Sugar Cookie
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 54
  • food makes me sick
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 10:42:57 PM »
very nice.

"no, I 'm totally cool man"  :lol:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Offline Gunz

• My body is your wonderland
  • SiteAdmin
  • Street Cred: 36
    • Dent Source
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 09:11:51 AM »
Alkire, I know you don't see it now, but you've got yourself a really funny story there. :thumbs: :nod:

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

Offline Alkire193

• VIP
  • Street Cred: 10
  • I have candy.....
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
lol, the guy at the insurance company was dying. He asked me what color the truck was I said "Silver.....with flecks of missing paint and dents all over" and I couldnt get the guy back, he just threw the headset down and started dying laughing. He said the since the guy was DUI, as soon as the police report comes in its all paid for automatically, no court case, no argument. So if you see these guys, run into them, free repairs!

But yea Gunz, this went one from 4-5am till noon so there was plenty to write about. But man, that dude was special.

Bummer about the tornadoes, did they touchdown?