Power Commander ignition controller

Started by Colorado700R, July 28, 2009, 05:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Hey guys, I'm gonna be putting an ignition controller on my Quad when I get my build together and I know allot of you run the Dynatek model.  Although I know there are many guys that have run theirs without issue, I have concerns about their quality control.  Seems like we hear about another fault or "bad batch" quite often and I'd like to know if anyone has used the Dynojet module that works with the PC3??

A) can a DYNOJET dyno center adjust my ignition and Fuel map, or is there more special software required?

B) anyone have any performance results using the Dynojet model?

C) If a dynojet center can make the adjustments, is it only the ones that use the tuning link software?

For sponsors/sales professionals who sell the Dynatek, please know I'm not bashing you. I know you all do the best by your customers when they have issues.  I'd just would like more info about the Dynojet model before committing to a purchase.

Aaron

Diggs59

Quote from: Colorado700R on July 28, 2009, 05:44:11 PM
Hey guys, I'm gonna be putting an ignition controller on my Quad when I get my build together and I know allot of you run the Dynatek model.  Although I know there are many guys that have run theirs without issue, I have concerns about their quality control.  Seems like we hear about another fault or "bad batch" quite often and I'd like to know if anyone has used the Dynojet module that works with the PC3??

A) can a DYNOJET dyno center adjust my ignition and Fuel map, or is there more special software required?

C) If a dynojet center can make the adjustments, is it only the ones that use the tuning link software?

For sponsors/sales professionals who sell the Dynatek, please know I'm not bashing you. I know you all do the best by your customers when they have issues.  I'd just would like more info about the Dynojet model before committing to a purchase.

Aaron

You need to talk to DL700

Colorado700R

Quote from: Diggs59 on July 28, 2009, 06:02:43 PM

Aaron

You need to talk to DL700

I was hoping he would chime in and share his knowledge and experience on this topic for all to read.

preddy08

Aaron

A) Yes, any dyno jet center should be able to adjust the ignition. Key work is SHOULD! I would highly suggest having a custom curve done for your bike. Every motor will be different.

B) Not sure

C)Tuning link has nothing to do with the ignition, Personally I think the tuning like is over rated and not needed if the tuner knows what hes doing.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

PDX Raptor

I gained 2hp at peak 5hp on top when I had a 4 mod. I have had it for since they first came out (year and 1/2) and still run it on my 780 with no issues.
Charlie

russ-russ

IIRC, the Power Commander ignition module comes totally blank, you absolutely have to do a custom curve.  That was the major complaint about it.

tonyrt44

you could copy the advance values from the dyna chart and insert them into the PC ign. module

works like a charm
Ranking:   ???

RaptorRandy

Dave at Roosterbuilt runs the Dynojet Ignition modules on his personal bikes and prefers it over the dynatek from what I remember of our conversations. He has the software and puts custom curves on both, but prefers the dynojet. I am sure he would be happy to share his thoughts with you. Phone: (253) 333-8533 If I ever do another 700R I would go with the Dyno Jet ign. module.

:cheers:

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Colorado700R

DL700

ive ran both....

they Dynatek is more user friendly (after u get to know it) and programming is easier on a time and visual level, adjustability is almost unlimited for FULL TIMING and has the other features included like launch limiter, shift light output ect////

the DYNOJET ignition module is limited to +/-10* over stock. The DJ ignition will need to be setup on a dyno for best gains depending on setup due to the fact that maps come blank. With the ability to use in conjunction with a MAP switch along with the PC3HUB u have controll over timing and fuel with the flip of a switch.....

The Dynojet module is maxed out on most decent builds with no hope of looking for more power

the DJ and dynatek BASE curve are a bit different from what ive found.

CUERVO RACING

Kenny

It is a choice of two evils in my opinion. The Dynojet is more complicated and will barely take out the dip in the stock curve, if I remember correctly. The Dynatek has reliability issues and no way to retrieve the curves for troubleshooting. I have a customer with a custom tune done by another company that should have been right on the edge of detonation with premium gas at sea level. This bike had weird dyno numbers to start with and he can drag race all weekend at sea level on 87 octane. We don't have any way to see if we are in the ballpark with the timing, or if we can move straight to increasing compression. It will require a day at the dyno and fiddling with ignition curves just to see where we are. Dynatek telling us that this is to keep your curve secret is bullshit sales spin for an incomplete product. Both pieces are excessively expensive.

The DJ could have the circuitry included in the pcIII or V for just a few bucks more, but you can't milk the customer with one reasonably priced piece. I am sick of seeing guys spend their hard earned money on this crap. I have gotten so tired of it that I am having a unit built right now that controls Alpha-N and the speed density portion of the fuel map, has multiple spark ignition with fully tunable curves and increased coil dwell time. It is time for someone else to step up and get a reasonably priced product on the market that includes all the features needed. ::)
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Krandall

How soon could we see something like this?!!!! I'm ready to jump ship! Just give me the word man.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kenny

It was in the middle of getting dyno'd last week> I will be calling this week to get details ???
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

dabigbratj

Quote from: Kenny on July 30, 2009, 07:13:33 AM
I have a customer with a custom tune done by another company
??? ???
:rofl:

i had to