Have a failed Dynatek ignition? Check this out..

Started by 07lightning, April 25, 2009, 10:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al2fast

I thought I read somewhere that Dynatek switched suppliers to remedy the problem.  I believe it was the capacitors.

84700r

so yes i have problems to...i hooked up my dynatek and nothing happens just cranks i read in the instructions that if the bike doesent start hook the negative side of the coil back up and if it fires the ignition needs sent back........thats whata happen hooked the stock connector back up to negative and boom fires right up...anyone else had this problem?

Krandall

I think lots of people have.
Do you have a kill switch? I just ran into an issue w/ mine this past weekend. I have to test my kill switch now, I think it might be bad.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dgreenbluet

Is the fuse thats blowing the 20amp fuse right off the positive cable from the battery?  Cuz today I went riding and it blew that fuse and everytime i put a new one in it just blows as soon as i hook the battery back up.  one time it didnt blow when i hooked the battery back up but it blew as soon as i started it.  is this the same problem that everyone else is having? 
08 Rapester/734cc 105.5mm Bore/11:1 JE Piston/Big Bore Barkers/FCI wBox/Dynateck Prog. Ign./PCIII/15T Sprocket/Trail Tech Vapor wDash Mount/Moose Nerf, Heel Guards, Race Pegs/Full Skids/Bling Star Victory Bumper/Six Pack Rack

al2fast

Quote from: dgreenbluet on June 12, 2009, 08:02:32 PM
Is the fuse thats blowing the 20amp fuse right off the positive cable from the battery?  Cuz today I went riding and it blew that fuse and everytime i put a new one in it just blows as soon as i hook the battery back up.  one time it didnt blow when i hooked the battery back up but it blew as soon as i started it.  is this the same problem that everyone else is having? 

The one I kept blowing with the faulty dynatek was the 10A ignition fuse.  It's located in the little fuse panel located close to your seat release lever.  I believe the fuse you are referring to is the fuse that's right next to your starter relay.  I don't know know specifically what would cause that, but I'd start with the starter relay or solenoid.  My best guess would be a bad solenoid drawing too many amps, thus blowing the fuse.  If the relay was toasted in the closed position I guess it could be constantly drawing which could cause it to blow too.  If it broke in the open position I'd assume nothing would happen when you hit the starter button. 

I am not an expert on this circuit, just drawing on past experience with circuits I troubleshoot at work and the fuses blow when the motors that are controlled on the circuit go bad.  When the relays that control them go bad, the motors just do funny things.

BTW, NICE FREEKING AVATAR :nod:

07lightning

my new dynatek ignition FAILED again.

i had it programmed by a guy who has done dozens of them. now it failed again.

wont give the bike power to run for more then a couple seconds, then it wont start again.

:thumbs: dynatek

Krandall

Food for thought.

Of all the ones dying.. How many of you guys were running custom curves?  ???
I'm running on curve 2 only. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

07lightning

mine failed one time each.. custom curve and standard programmed curves.