Oil Price Manipulation?

Started by Flynbyu, May 31, 2008, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalrappy700

Quote from: Flynbyu on June 02, 2008, 11:16:22 AM
We have wheat, we have corn, and we produce a shitload of beef and poultry. I would adjust the shit out of those items to trade oil for, but it hurts the poor countries that don't have anything to trade.

~Brian

stick it to the rich ones then.   :lol:

You sould see it out here.  Out where my family farm is there used to be mixed crops for as far as you can see....now its all corn.  Who was the tool that thought it would be a good idea to mess with our food sorce for fuel.   :confused:
07 SE2

~Erich

Yamaha Raptor Forum

Flynbyu

Quote from: Socalrappy700 on June 02, 2008, 11:22:57 AM
Quote from: Flynbyu on June 02, 2008, 11:16:22 AM
We have wheat, we have corn, and we produce a shitload of beef and poultry. I would adjust the shit out of those items to trade oil for, but it hurts the poor countries that don't have anything to trade.

~Brian

stick it to the rich ones then.   :lol:

You sould see it out here.  Out where my family farm is there used to be mixed crops for as far as you can see....now its all corn.  Who was the tool that thought it would be a good idea to mess with our food sorce for fuel.   :confused:

On my drive through the Arkansas River bottoms on the way to work, there is three wheat fields about 30 days away from harvest and the rest is corn. Usually soybeans are in those fields, but not now.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum

realdeal

corn isnt the way out of this. Everyone is gonna want to grow it and the govnt is gonna regulate how much corn one can plant etc.etc etc... this is gonna cut back on stuff that we need as far as food to eat too. we need to explore and drill.  :help:
CUSTOM 06 RAPTOR 700

FORMERLY KNOWN AS RAP7HUNDRED

Peelz

Prices will continue to climb until they find a "ceiling"... or the point at which we will consume less. Right now, you would think that with prices rising, consumption would decrease. In reality, it has risen 4%. (can't remember my source) If I were an oil company, I might do the same thing.

The only way out of this will be to end our reliance on foreign oil hopefully oil altogether. Until then it will be alot of temporary solutions (like hybrids, fuel cell cars, solar power etc.)
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Colorado700R

Futures, or Hedge market traders are always the top earning individuals every year. 

Hedge Markets were established to allow farmers to set prices for there crops before they were sown to gaurentee a price. 

Currently, the Hedge funds are driven primarly by many huge investment instiutions and corperations to hold or "short" the individual funds ( $25K a piece or larger) for finacial gains, and to spur diffrent sectors to increase the price per "tic" value.

Although anyone can trade futures, it's about the riskiest finacial venture one can take.  It's a zero sum gain system, meaning you can enter $1000.00 for a mini market future (IE S&P 500), and lose that $1000.00 almost instantly by being locked out of the market swing.

Due to this fact, it's a rough enviroment for individuals (Day traders) to survive in, and therefore it's becoming a "Coperate only" game.

These markets were designed to help, the common man make a decent living.  They are now employed by internation corperations to make money off those same people.  :mad:

Although I dabble in trading, I hope the government does reform this system, because IMO, it's completely lost it's intent.

Aaron

kyledvor61

Flynbyu

The Dow dropped 400 points as a report was released on our economy. Since the dollar is continuing to drop in value, oil goes soaring again.

~Brian
2003 Yamaha Raptor

Yamaha Raptor Forum