my new muzzy exhaust

Started by Kamakazi, May 29, 2009, 10:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakazi

figured id show pics of my new muzzy exhaust system i mocked up last night, had to pull a header to tig a bung in.  on a side note, if you are installing an exhaust system and the header flange stud holes arent notched, notch them out or drill a bigger hole in them, you will thank me as i spent 3 hours getting the white bros headers off last night.  in the end i had to thread the exhaust studs out.

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

Krandall

WASH  THAT QUAD!!!

:lol:

Pipe looks awesome man! :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

Quote from: Krandall on May 29, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
WASH  THAT QUAD!!!

truck is broken and nearest carwash is 35km away  :( or else it would be spotless
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

preddy08

Quote from: kamakazi on May 29, 2009, 10:46:52 AM
Quote from: Krandall on May 29, 2009, 10:37:08 AM
WASH  THAT QUAD!!!

truck is broken and nearest carwash is 35km away  :( or else it would be spotless

35Kms, what the F is this Korea?  :rofl:

I've always thought this, and kinda confirms it. Is it just me or does it look ALOT like a HMF?
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Kamakazi

i actually thought it looked like a monster.  its not nearly as loud or has the sound of a hmf, so i think ur wrong preddy

preddy08

Quote from: kamakazi on May 29, 2009, 11:34:01 AM
so i think ur wrong preddy

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong  :clap:

The header and can (not end cap) look just like a HMF IMO. Which is'nt a bad thing.
Just a little 81hp trail bike.

Peelz

doesn't look like an HMF at all to me.

And... +1 to preddy.  F**k this Kilometer b.s. Post distances in miles or GTFOML. :lol:

J/K
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Yeah, to me it looks just like monsters... or monsters look like muzzy's

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Kamakazi

well i got the o2 bung welded in and i installed the head pipe.  tried out the autotune, and am quite impressed by it so far, my quad has never ran better.  the first time i started the bike with the new stainless steel exhaust, after idling for a few minutes the header pipe glowed molten hot all the way back to the y-pipe.  scares the crap out of me, there will definately be a heat shield installed.

Ranger

Niiice...Course you need to clean your bike though, just saying...Clean pipes and muddy plastics don't mix... :thumbs:

SprinterX

Very nice looking pipe.

Question - what's the outlet diameter on the muffler tip? (looks kinda small)
08 Raptor 700

RE +1 head, X4 cam, TQS 11.5 piston, KDS +3 TB & evac, FCI,
Barkers duals, PC5 with A/T, Dyna Programmable, DL700 tune.
+2 I-Shock arms, Rock axle, reworked shocks, GTT link, +4 oem ext'd swinger
Elka Sys5 Dampner, Fasst Flexx on Rox anti-vibe risers, TT HIDs
Razr2 on HiPers, Skat 21/12/8 8pdl extremes, Sandstar frts
Roll bumper, PA guards/nerfs/skids

Kamakazi

Quote from: SprinterX on June 02, 2009, 09:53:16 AM
Very nice looking pipe.

Question - what's the outlet diameter on the muffler tip? (looks kinda small)

1 3/4 outlet and 2" intake to the muffler