Glamis

Started by Leanfactor, May 17, 2009, 10:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leanfactor

So I took my first trip to Glamis this past weekend.  Yes, I know, it is the off season and it was 108 degrees.  However, the riding was nice at sunset and just before sunrise.  I did attempt to race my brother-in-law up oldsmobile hill with my 700 against his 450 and I had him at the start, but he took me every time at the last part of the hill.  Mine is completely stock and his has a DRD pipe, jet, K&N airfilter and I believe a different sprocket.  So I decided I need to change out my pipes and add a better filter and programmer.  Open to any suggestions.  I liked the sound of his DRD pipe.  Been looking at the Twobros pipe and juice box, but don't know what they sound like.
2008 Raptor 700R
        DRD Slip-on
        AFI Intake
        Powercommander V
2008 Honda TRX700XX - Stock
2008 Raptor 80

AMSOIL in all engines!!

Need Amsoil or have any questions, PM me any time!

hellrazr

depends on how much you want to spend.  fci intake, pc5, and either sparks single (very loud),  or duals (not to loud but pricey) are the way to best power.  Other singles are good but in my experince the sparks big core is badass for a single.

Krandall

If you're looking for a bang for the buck mod. You can't go wrong w/ a nice full single setup. I rocked an HMF system on mine for a while, loved it!!! If you find/think there's any chance you'll want duals.. My opinion is.. Get them now. Duals were just hitting the scene when I bought my single setup. I bought my HMF used and sold it for $20 less than I bought it. so it wasnt a big deal. but, if you buy new, you'll take a hit for sure.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Leanfactor

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I have found what I am going to do; FCI intake, DRD pipe, with PC5 w/autotune.  Has anyone got experience with the PC5 w/autotune?  I have used the PC3 on some of my streetbikes and they were easy to use.
2008 Raptor 700R
        DRD Slip-on
        AFI Intake
        Powercommander V
2008 Raptor 80

AMSOIL in all engines!!

Leanfactor

So I have been looking at the PC5 w/autotune a little closer and I notice it has what looks like an O2 sensor.  Am I going to have to cut a hole into my exhaust and weld a bung so that I can screw this thing in or is that not an O2 sensor?  I don't like cutting things to make them work, I am a plug and play kind of guy.
2008 Raptor 700R
        DRD Slip-on
        AFI Intake
        Powercommander V
2008 Raptor 80

AMSOIL in all engines!!