Building the Build

Started by Alkire193, May 11, 2009, 09:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDX Raptor

Here is a general rule of thumb, it does vary depending Alt, bore size, piston, timing, but still a good guide. 11.5:1 piston or less is safe for pump gas 92oct. 12:1 or 12.5:1 you should run around 100 oct. Adding a longer stroke (+5) is going to add about .5 to your compression. So if you are looking at a 11:1 piston, figure you will really be running 11.5:1. Racer's edge does a good job on their heads and the price they are offering is great for a CNC head.  If I were you I would also buy the X4 cam from them and an 11:1 cp piston. They are also good prices and they will clear the head and adjust for the cam so your head will be ready to bolt on when you get it back. Racer's edge and others have put together some very nice stock bore stock stroke bikes, but IMO I think you will be happier with the +5 crank. To me the power is much smoother than my old stock stroke motor. Steve at TQS had the best price on the crank that I found.
Charlie

Alkire193

Ok so heres what ive got going right now, revision number 3:

CNC head, valves, springs and clearanced for....
11.1:1 piston std bore
RJ cam
HotRod Crank +5
drop the 104 octane to pump gas
Dynatek programmable
+3 TB from Kenny

That will give a stronger torque and save me money on gas while making a dam sight more power  :clap:
Thank you everyone for contributing! Its gonna be a beast

Alkire193

Quote from: PDX Raptor on May 12, 2009, 11:16:13 PM
Racer's edge does a good job on their heads and the price they are offering is great for a CNC head.

Youre right that is an awesome price, a steal compared to the others ive found so far.

Tim Barker

I also offer our cnc stage1 head for $700 it comes with +1 ferrea valves and spring kit.

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

Jay@RacersEdge

We are offering you the same head that is on our undefeated stock bore/stroke. Just remember anyone can put a motor together, the head is what sets you apart from the rest :thumbs: This head wins races. :batman:

**Don't Be Scared**

CNC Heads

Engine Kits

Pistons

Cams

Drag parts

Please feel free to call or PM with any questions

Sales 602-740-4520

Alkire193

Kenny has my head, piston, TB all in the works  :clap:. My Hot Rod crank is en route from Utah and im shopping for a crank splitter and puller, so far I found one from Tusk. Its gonna be a monster!

Kenny

Quote from: tbarker on May 13, 2009, 05:12:13 PM
I also offer our cnc stage1 head for $700 it comes with +1 ferrea valves and spring kit.
Quote from: Jay@RacersEdge on May 19, 2009, 11:11:16 AM
We are offering you the same head that is on our undefeated stock bore/stroke. Just remember anyone can put a motor together, the head is what sets you apart from the rest :thumbs: This head wins races. :batman:
My head is so cool...... It is nailing other heads girlfriends and smoking cigarettes while they are out racing..... It never feels threatened.  It's reputation is expanding faster than the universe. It once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels. It lives vicariously through itself. The police often question it because they find it so interesting....... :nod: :clap:
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154
Paypal: kenny@swva.net

:satan:

Colorado700R

Kenny's head is..............

BATMAN

???

:lol:

Kenny