help please

Started by 1badazz_700r, May 02, 2009, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badazz_700r

im havingissues with my pc3.im trying toset the throttle position through the power commander program. when i open the throttle position part it has 3 little boxes. closed-current-open. all 3 boxes read the same numbers. so i need to to know the values that are supposed to be in those boxes. maybe someone would be willing to hook there quad up and open this section and post up the numbers in the boxes or maybe someone knows what they should be. i think this is what is causing my problem

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

wobble

If I remember correctly, you press the throttle all the way in, then reset the throttle position in the software.

1badazz_700r

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

stmad

You have to connect a 9V battery to the pc3 then turn on your ignition (No need to fire the engine).
Then you should see the middle number (current) to change as you move the throttle from closed to all out open position.
Leave the throttle to closed position and press the left "set" button (closed) on the software.
Then push the throttle all the way and while pushing it press the right "set" button (open) on the software. Press ok.
Check that when your throttle is at closed position the software shows 0% and at full open position shows 100%.
Done ... :nod:

1badazz_700r

it dont work for some reason. no matter what i do or change the closed-current-open numbers are all,always the same or very close. the numbers dont ever get higher or lower,quad running,quad off with 9v adapter they never change. Could my tps be bad? I think for some reason though my PC3 took a shit. It wont always communicate with the computer,sometimes the green light will light,sometimes nothing. when the lights on it is communicating,when its offthere not. No matter what it is still reading 100% throttle at idle. If i plug the stock injector harness in the injector it will start right up.

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Peelz

works sporadically, has to be a wiring/contact problem I would bet.
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

1badazz_700r

I have unplugged and cleaned every connection to it. when itsworking its not working right though. Im gonna call power commander tech line tomorrow and see what they have to say. then probably just buy the pc5 and autotune

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Kamakazi

98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

wobble

You could try flashing it with the newest firmware if you haven't done that already. (back up your map first) I had some weird issues with mine awhile back and that fixed it.

sandaddy

I have had a PC III go bad.......It happens !! Not often, thank goodness.  :nod:

~ Sandaddy  8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy