Anyone have experience with CRJ lowering kits?

Started by NaturalRaptor, April 10, 2009, 10:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalRaptor

I have been thinking of lowering the rappy for the drag races. Found CRJ lowering kits for the front and rear. Does anyone have any comments and experience with them?    ???

Front http://www.crjperformance.com/frloki.html

Rear http://www.crjperformance.com/yara35066070.html
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Alkire193

Ive use the rear link for awhile and havent had any problems. Make sure to get an ADJUSTABLE rear link. And the fronts seem to work better with stock A-arms. When I installed the fronts on my raptor today ( Wicked +2 A-arms)  they seem to be capable of breaking the welds where the suspension attaches to the A-arms. But it definetly put my 700 on the ground. Very noticible. But as far as use, we'll see after I most likely destroy my A-arms.

NaturalRaptor

It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Alkire193

I threw in a picture to show you. The links are supposed to be facing the opposite direction. However I feel more comfortable with the way I installed them. I was about to change them and decided its either this way or back to stock, unfortunatly I dont have the pictures of the CORRECT installation to demonstrate why I chose to install them this way. But still, the end result is the same, a squatted monster!

And the lowering links front and back are from CRJ, the brand on Ebay!

1badazz_700r

I had a front and rear lowering kit in mine.All i will say is if you ride rough trails dont waste the money. I felt like i got beat with a bat everytime i rode for awhile and couldnt figure out why.it takes away suspension travel and causes alot of bottoming out.I was tired of the bottoming out so i removed them,then went riding. all i can say is after a lowering kit you will appreciate stock pogo stick shocks :lol:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe