Previous topic - Next topic

Diggs59

Before

After

Header pipes side by side they're not perfect but a huge improvement

My arms are tired........:beerchug:

4stroker

Diggs59

I should've said sanded NOT polished but everyone gets the idea. I used Scotch Brite. One pad was really course and came glued to a handle for ease of use. I used it dry and then went wet with it. After that I went with the Green Scotch Brite pads, went wet first and then dry sanded at the end. I'm gonna get'em jet hot coated sometime. Too much work to keep sanding. ;)

BLACK-LABEL

good job  how long did it take u 2do that

Krandall

I totally know what that's like..
took me 4-5ish hours to get mine cleaned up......  :help:

they look great man!

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Diggs59

Tim Barker

to make it easy for you guys try to get the scotchbrite in long strips. You can then clamp the pipe in a vise (gently) and use the strip like a long strip of sand paper. The other way would be to get a scotchbrite wheel for the bench grinder. they are a little expensive but save lots of time.

Barkers Performance
www.barkersexhaust.com

Krandall

dang.. didn't even think about a scotchbrite wheel! :mad:

hopefully my headers hold up w/ the header paint.. but... goot tip for others and if the time ever comes that I need to do that.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

when i was working as a laborer in an oilfield service shop we had scotch brite wheels for die grinders... i still have about 20 of em in my tool box... haha...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -