Flipped rear link question?

Started by NaturalRaptor, March 24, 2009, 08:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalRaptor

Has anyone had the chain come in contact with dual exhaust?  ???  I am running 15T and just mounted up my +4 swinger and went ahead and flipped the rear link. I have adjusted the chain several times to get the slack almost right but on occasion when riding the chain will come in contact with my dual exhaust. I tried adjust the pipes too. It does not happen all the time just when I cruise or let off the gas mostly. Any suggestions?
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Sand84

Is your rear shock rebuilt for your weight and +4 Arm?
2009 Raptor 700- D7 :turbo: :satan:

Custom Carbon Creations

One stop shop for Carbon Covers for Raptor 700!!!

NaturalRaptor

Not yet, but at the stock legnth it was setup for my weight so I was hoping that no changes would be needed just by extending the swinger. Does it need to be rebuilt just because it got added to?
It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.

Oilfield_Mafia

I dont think it would need rebuilt, but you are changing the amount of leverage on the shock due to a longer swinger..  so it would definately need to be adjusted.. Reset the pre-load and all that.. its not hard..

Here is that full write up on how to adjust >>>

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Krandall

I think the latter...

For adjustments made in general to suspension.. whether its your front a-arms being extended or shrunk.. Valving is not just made for your weight.. The weight and the length go hand in hand... My guess.. is you could get away w/ your valving. the cheap way.. resetting the preload all the way out... (so now shock isn't working at its maximum potential) or have it re-sprung.

W/ extending the swinger. they say a +2 is about the maximum a stock valved shock can handle.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

NaturalRaptor

Thanks for the input. For the time being I will go thru the setup again, and hope that helps. Who is recommend for the parts and/or work for the spring? Also, I flipped the link back over for the time, but I really like the way it handled lower. 

Krandall

Wiigs racing was the person of recommendation, but as of late... His prices are a bit higher, and a few people have had some issues.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

1badazz_700r

I have a +3 swingarm with stock shock and rear link flipped no problems here ??? All i did was stiffen the rear shock a little so it didnt sag so much.

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

NaturalRaptor

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on March 25, 2009, 02:57:49 PM
I have a +3 swingarm with stock shock and rear link flipped no problems here ??? All i did was stiffen the rear shock a little so it didnt sag so much.

Good to know, thanks.

1badazz_700r

just stiffen the preload some.Stock shock works great, cause its still in the stock location. an after market one may be a different story though, good luck

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Krandall

I'm pretty sure all after market swing arms use the stock location for the shock...

All I was saying is.. You can MAKE it work for your swingarm.. But. Changing the pre-load you are losing the adjustability of the shock.

The longer the lever (swingarm) the easier it is to move.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:

1badazz_700r

Yeah i agree with you krandall :thumbs: I was just saying what i had to do and that i wasnt sure if aftermarket swingarms move the shock at all

Just a little 778
hotrods +5 crank
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
ASV's
odi's

Krandall

Quote from: 1badazz_700r on March 26, 2009, 02:57:29 PM
Yeah i agree with you krandall :thumbs: I was just saying what i had to do and that i wasnt sure if aftermarket swingarms move the shock at all

Gotcha. :thumbs:

I guess I can't say for sur.e but I'm 90% sure all AM swingers for the raptor keep the shock in the same position.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here: