Monster Duals...

Started by bustedplastic, March 18, 2009, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustedplastic

Holy Hell are they loud. I am going to get tickets from the DNR.  I just ordered some quiet cores from TQS, hopefully they will help  :)

dabigbratj

:rofl:
i never thought they were that loud how do you like them you get cam in
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

:lol:

When you compare them to Stock.. YES.. they are loud!

Try a Yoshi or an HMF  :help:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

bustedplastic

No, I haven't installed the cam, i am debating if i want to, I dont want to be losing low end....

dabigbratj

you will not notice it even if you lost some
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Krandall

The amount of power lost low end is so minimal. and the gains in the mid to top end WAAAAY over ride any thing lost down low. I promise.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

bustedplastic

welllll if you guys promise, ill do it!  I guess it's not like the raptor doesnt have low end to spare anyways...   :P

hellrazr

if monsters are loud to you then you don't to be near a sparks exhaust.  I always thought the duals sound mellow where the high performance singles sound like a jet taking off (hmf and sparks for sure)

cowtownup

put the cam in fo sho.....  i agree about the sparks... very very LOUD....
Cowtown...
PCIII
Barker Duals
Pro Design with K&N Filter
Dynojet Ignition Module
Web Cam Stage 3
Diamond Piston (12.5 to 1)
+3 Throttle Body (KDS Racing)
Dynotune Nitrous Kit (Wet System)
SLC +6 Quadcustoms Ladder (PC's Black)
PRM Desert Grab Bar (PC'd Black)
CRJ Lowering Blocks (Front)

bustedplastic

Quote from: hellrazr on March 18, 2009, 05:17:18 PM
if monsters are loud to you then you don't to be near a sparks exhaust.  I always thought the duals sound mellow where the high performance singles sound like a jet taking off (hmf and sparks for sure)

dont get me wrong, i'm all for loud, but the wisconsin DNR and their silly db meters are not...  I didnt believe they actually stopped people and checked the db levels, but a couple people i know have seen it happen.

hellrazr

any idea what db level they run at? 

G-Man

We have the Monster's on both our Raptors and they seem to be a lot better than some.  We were in Oregon at Winchester Bay last July and a buddy got stopped on him 06 YFZ.  Not sure what pipe he had but they cited him.  His packing was gone so he repacked and then found the sheriff's and had them retest.  He was still too loud.  I asked them to check our Raptors and they just listened and said "no problem, they sound good".  No quiet cores or anything other than the spark arrestor.  The sheriff's comment was that they had a lower pitch sound compared to some of the singles that have the high pitched tinny sound.  Most people aren't bothered by the lower tones, it's the higher sounds (pitched) that get the attention.  Just passing this along from what some law enforcement have said.  We never had an issue with the Monster's.

kyledvor61

Quote from: G-Man on March 19, 2009, 02:38:43 PM
We have the Monster's on both our Raptors and they seem to be a lot better than some.  We were in Oregon at Winchester Bay last July and a buddy got stopped on him 06 YFZ.  Not sure what pipe he had but they cited him.  His packing was gone so he repacked and then found the sheriff's and had them retest.  He was still too loud.  I asked them to check our Raptors and they just listened and said "no problem, they sound good".  No quiet cores or anything other than the spark arrestor.  The sheriff's comment was that they had a lower pitch sound compared to some of the singles that have the high pitched tinny sound.  Most people aren't bothered by the lower tones, it's the higher sounds (pitched) that get the attention.  Just passing this along from what some law enforcement have said.  We never had an issue with the Monster's.
its probably like you said how the yfz and other 450s are higher zingier tones, instead of the deep sound of a big bore.

bustedplastic

So we went up to this atv park in Wausau and i get to run the Raptor.  Couldn't top it out, but from what i can tell, the pipes do not bark quite as loud as my gytr did.  They definitely thump more at idle than the gytr, but at speed they sound pretty o.k.  Wont be able to have a verdict on the power difference until i can get out to the open trails and really give her hell.