i'm changing my sprockets and have some questions

Started by Warren, March 07, 2009, 03:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

i'm changing both my front and rear sprockets, and i was wondering what are the torque specs for the rear sprocket mounting bolts and what is the torque spec on the front sprocket nut? i have a service manual but it doesn't really tell me what sprocket is torqued to what spec. it says one spec of 80 ft/lbs and another of 60 ft/lbs (i think it said) i don't know which one is which. i called dabigbratj from the forum and he told me to torque the rear bolts to 53 ft/lbs, so that is where they are at now. can anyone else help me out here?

also the manual says to replace the front lock washer when i change that sprocket. do i have to buy that from the stealership or can i go to the hardware store and get one? or can i just reuse the stock one if it's not to bad?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Lock Washer - Just reuse it.. I'm on my 3rd time around w/ mine. You shouldn't have any issues.

Looking up the sprocket specs now.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

dabigbratj

ill look it up agian in a few if randy doesnt find it
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Eagle700R

Rear sprocket bolts/nuts
52ftlbs

Front sprocket nut
61 ftlbs

Krandall

I had re-installed XP 2 weeks ago. dont' have Adobe :(

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

thanks guys.

i finished putting on my 15 tooth and my x-ring chain tonight. i took it out for a quick ride and could for sure tell a difference between the 14 tooth and the 15 tooth front sprockets. the power is so much more smooth then the 14 tooth and the at top end it doesn't sound like it's going to blow up. lol

i have a question though. will my chain be able to tighten up enough when i switch back to the 14 tooth for duning? or should i cut another link out?
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

You will be able to tighten it up and not have to cut anything  :thumbs: