AM Raptor Subframe

Started by Krandall, February 26, 2009, 10:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raptor Trent

Am I the only one that noticed that this thing is in Mcnastyville USA.
And the seller is chickenmcnasty.
That shiat is funny right there.  :grin_nod:

Peelz

Quote from: Raptor Trent on February 27, 2009, 08:03:59 PM
Am I the only one that noticed that this thing is in Mcnastyville USA.
And the seller is chickenmcnasty.
That shiat is funny right there.  :grin_nod:

ERMAHGERD...awesome, have you been there? :lol:

:wtf:
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

kyledvor61

Wonder why aftermarket companies dont make them for the 700?

I know of a few that are made for the YFZ.

VelociRaptor

I contacted Lone Star Racing back in '06 about this and they didnt want to even talk about it. If its not to do with the 450s they said it would sell......

Krandall

Quote from: VelociRaptor on March 01, 2009, 09:00:21 AM
I contacted Lone Star Racing back in '06 about this and they didnt want to even talk about it. If its not to do with the 450s they said it would sell......

Psh, I think that's the way it is with IMS regaurding Long Range Tanks from them.. I think it'd be rather easy to make them incorporate the current fuel pump.. but they said it's not worth it.   :rolleyes:
Need to go slap some people up.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

TeamYardsale

Maybe if we showed them there would be interest, or made a list of buyers and have them send a payment, showing there is serious buyers.

This way they would see interest, and that there are serious buyers.
07 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE (Org/Blk)
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Intake/Billet Adapter
GYTR Full Skids
Cobra Fi200r Fuel Programmer
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires

fire raptor

IMO. If you can weld on that frame"steel" then I like it. For what i do i need steel. I have said before weight is not a major issue for our type of riding. We carry 1 1/4 gal in the six pak rack now but with steel we could add more. Has to do with being able to gussit and the thread strength on the mounting bolts. Fuel tanks #$&^@% I e-mailed a company in Australia that make aux tanks and he said the mockup would cost over 12,000$ and was not worth the investment.*%&#$@. It can be done I saw pictures of the infamous Rich tank. Hey how about a Raptor long range fuel tank stimulus loan???????? HELP we need a big tank!!!

Colorado700R

my only concern with a steel subframe on the rappy is if it would affect the handling characteristics.  There's two separate schools of thought on frame geometry and build.  The rappy style chassis is allowed to twist and yaw some to give a more controllable feel to the quad.  Honda 450's and kfx450 for example are super rigid and feel super nimble, but feel "twitchy".

IDK, but I love how my rappy feels in high speed corners and trails, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Aaron