Shock help?????

Started by gr8ride4u2luv, March 05, 2009, 10:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8ride4u2luv

I guess this is what happens when you try to save a few bucks and buy some used shocks. I guess I can't complain though 1000 bucks for front and rear long travel motowoz! :clap:
:help:Anyways, back to the help! :help: I do not have any of the front suspension on because I don't have my a arms yet so I cant do alot of adjusting right now. But I did get the rear shock on and when I took the quad off the stands to place on the ground it sank completly. Theres only a couple of inches of travel. I can lift it up and can lift it more than 7 - 9 inces before the bike comes to complete hiegth before coming off the ground. When its down there only and 11/2 2 inches of shaft showing. Someone enlighten me and tell me some of the adjustments are off. I was hoping to go riding next week and I would hate to have to pull them off to send them in and get rebuilt! :'(
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Warren

sounds like either the spring is completely junk or there is little to no oil in the shock. but i'm not sure. ??? my buddies preditor's rear shock sinks about 4 inches before it slows down because the shock only has about half the oil in it that it should. but when no one is sitting on it the spring pushes it back up. so i'm not sure why yours would sink down with only the weight of the raptor on it.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

gr8ride4u2luv

Well I feel a little better and at least I have somewhere to start. I spoke with Jim at Motowz and he told me that it probably is because of the swing arm. The shock is not built for a +6 swinger. He told me that for every inch you extend it the springrate goes up another 30lbs. So the spring on the shock right now could possibly be 180 - 200 lbs/in too soft.
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Danny T

you going to send it in to have revalved?

Warren

oh i wasn't aware of your extended swingarm. yeah that guy is probably right about that then. because you have more leverage pushing on it with the swingarm way out back like that. i would say just get a new heavier spring and get it revalved and you should be good to go.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

fire raptor

Go to Wikipedia and search lever. Very interesting and will totaly explain the factors that cause your shock to be too soft.