Monster dual install help

Started by bustedplastic, March 03, 2009, 09:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustedplastic

Hey, I just got my used monsters so no instructions, would anyone happen to have a picture of how the brackets mount up?  Also, how should the wiring be rerouted away from the left side pipe?  And one other thing, the one pipe is not completely slid on to the midpipe so there is a small opening, I want to take it off and remount it so that small gap is gone, what would i use to reseal?  Is there a high temp version of gasket maker i should get?

dabigbratj

you can use high temp rtv just use a zip tie and tie back wires still trying to find a good pic of where the brackets go
the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Eagle700R

I dont have a pic (sorry) but i installed my brackets on the heel guard outter bracket instead of the one by the frame..I just installed longer bolts..This keeps it far enough from the chain rubbing issue and make its a solid as the others.However i have a SE model that came with the heel guards.not sure if this would help with the standard model..Hopefully i get a camera soon and people wont have to guess what im talking about..Sorry if this didnt help ya i was just trying to tell ya what i did..

russ-russ

Left side:

Right side:

You should have gotten two longer bolts to replace the factory bolts at these two locations.  Those bolts allow you to attach the exhaust brackets to the back/inside of the frame with the supplied nylock nuts.

Hope that helps.

Eagle700R

In this pic (thanks russ) i marked a arrow where i moved my bracket mount to.

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raptor700exhaustdual7.jpg

bustedplastic

thanks for the help guys, i also got an email of the instructions from monster quad, so I'm all set!

russ-russ

Quote from: bustedplastic on March 08, 2009, 04:08:26 PM
thanks for the help guys, i also got an email of the instructions from monster quad, so I'm all set!
Cool.  I was going to offer to scan mine and send them to you, I found them this afternoon when I was messin' in the garage.