intake question

Started by poolboytoo, February 23, 2009, 05:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolboytoo

What is the difference in the inside diameter of the adaptors for the filters. Is this what makes one intake  better than the next.
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

TechQuadShop

Monsterflow and Trinity is 3.5 inches  Pro Design is 3 inches.

RAPTORSOURCE.COM #1 PLACE FOR BARKER AND MONSTER DUALS, PC3'S, INTAKES, AND MUCH MORE

For all of your aftermarket Raptor needs Call Tech Quad Shop @ 530-938-3985

Krandall

Quote from: poolboytoo on February 23, 2009, 05:56:21 PM
What is the difference in the inside diameter of the adaptors for the filters. Is this what makes one intake  better than the next.

Yes and no...   forgive me if I misquote.. I believe it was DL700 though that had said the Pro-design is one of the best bang for the buck intakes  out :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Colorado700R

I think KBR had dyno runs showing the Pro-designs with or better than the other two of similar design.

PDX Raptor

Filter has a lot to do with flow also, Not sure on quads, but I know on cars the design of the adapter is also important (venturi effect).
Charlie

DL700

if u are looking for an adaptor style intake then look for the one with the BIGGEST filter.... this will help increase air flow (when dirty) and cleaning intervals

if u want the BEST then go with the FCI intake kit......one u wont grow out of later on!
CUERVO RACING

PDX Raptor

DL is right. Unfortunately I started with an adapter style and single exhaust.....year later I found myself buying a FCI and Barker Big bores. Not sure how far you are going with your bike, but do it right the first time and save yourself some money. You will see results even on a mild build. I have a stock stroke and bore on pump gas and put out 68hp/50tq on TRF's dyno.
Charlie

poolboytoo

Thanks for the info guys.  For starters I would like to get the new DMC duals,Trinity intake w/ K&N, PC-5/w auto tune kit, and EHS lid. Down the road I mabey 11:1 piston & HC 2 ect...
2008 Raptor 700R
DMC Force 4 duals
Trinity Intake/w K&N
ProTec Airbox Lid
PC-V
22'' Holeshot XCT Rear
23'' Holeshot XCT Front
Full GYT-R Skids
GYT-R Shock Covers
ODI Rogue Grips

PDX Raptor

Sounds like a good start. I really don't think you will need the auto tune kit. You can get a pretty good map for those mods. It is an add on, so if you decide you want it later you can buy it and just plug it in.
Charlie

jonesi700r

Quote from: PDX Raptor on February 24, 2009, 04:57:50 PM
Sounds like a good start. I really don't think you will need the auto tune kit. You can get a pretty good map for those mods. It is an add on, so if you decide you want it later you can buy it and just plug it in.

i agree, you can run someones tune with the same mods. ior if there is a dyno in your area, for the same/less than the auto-tune kit you can have it dyno tune'd. also the auto-tune cant adjust timing and things a good dyno tuner can. i emailed steve at TQS and he said you should have a good base tune for the auto-tune.