bleeding rear brake

Started by 1badazz_700r, February 18, 2009, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badazz_700r

i seem to be having some trouble getting the rear brake to bleed.I read the manual and did it according to that,still no brakes. any help would be appreciated

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

jonesi700r

sometimes it can take a while, are you gettin any pressure? all i can say is make sure there are no leaks and keep on bleedin until you get pressure. may be a stupid ? but you have the valve closed when you pump the lever, right? then hold the lever and open the valve, close it, pump lever and repeat.

1badazz_700r

Yeah the valve is closed when pumping. no leaks either. and no pressure

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Livingmylife93

happened to me once. Just keep going dude.

For a while you may just get air coming out of the valve but it will come eventually. Make sure you add fluid like every 2 times you open the bleeder valve. It took me 2 hours doing it like this once, but it will work.  :thumbs:

exentix

we did that like half an hour... air kept coming out and we refilled it 3 times or so. still no brakes at all

Warren

i would say there is probably a hole in the line or somewhere in the system. you should have something if you have done it that many times. air has to be getting in somewhere.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

if only air has been coming out and you have refilled it 2 times, then its still working its way out. Cause that fluid has to go somewhere bro.

I say keep going

exentix

brand new line. we even took it off and redid it to make sure.  :help: beats me, idk anything about this stuff

jonesi700r

keep goin it will start comin out, if its an extended line it will take even longer/more fluid.

Krandall

shouldn't take TOOO long... I just had to re-do mine last weekend installed new brake pads. and the fluid all drained out and sat for 1 week :help:

But.. Took maybe 5 mins to bleed. I just unscrewed the bleeder and gravity bled them for the first 5 mins (just keep resi full and let it drain. then I had my bro help.. sounds like you "could" possibly have issues w/ your master cylinder.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

tonyrt44

keep at it.
remember to keep the bleeding nipple/nut closed while pumping the break lever
keep the lever pressed when opening the nut & closing the nut (bleeding)

or
you can attach a little hose (like the one on gas cap) to the bleeder nipple, put the other end of the hose in a small bottle filled half with break fluid. pump the pedal and watch for bubbles in that bottle.

PS having the other end of the hose immersed in the break fluid should prevent air from re-entering the break system

you can even Suck air from the system through this hose ( at least till you get the master cylinder primed)

good luck
Ranking:   ???

Warren

Quote from: Blair on February 18, 2009, 11:57:30 PM
http://www.bosstoolsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6688

vacuum bleeder.... WELL worth the money...

that was going to be my next suggestion. i used my dads and it took me about 2 minutes to bleed mine out.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Livingmylife93

Quote from: tonyrt44 on February 19, 2009, 02:04:09 AM
keep at it.
remember to keep the bleeding nipple/nut closed while pumping the break lever
keep the lever pressed when opening the nut & closing the nut (bleeding)

or
you can attach a little hose (like the one on gas cap) to the bleeder nipple, put the other end of the hose in a small bottle filled half with break fluid. pump the pedal and watch for bubbles in that bottle.

PS having the other end of the hose immersed in the break fluid should prevent air from re-entering the break system

you can even Suck air from the system through this hose ( at least till you get the master cylinder primed)

good luck

Thats what i did, and i went through about 17 ounces of fluid before all the air was out. It WILL take a while.

Also, you can reach the brake and the bleeder valve at the same time if you big enough. So only 1 person has to do it.