Sprocket

Started by Livingmylife93, February 16, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livingmylife93

Spent all 3 days riding of my 3 day weekend  8)

On Sunday I noticed that everytime i got on the gas real hard i would hear a grinding and not be able to do a wheelie or anything. So my chain was pretty loose and i tightened that up and still the same problem. Came to find out the front sprocket was missing 8 out of 14 teeth  :lol:

Being that it was sunday no dealers where open (let alone had the parts). So i rode a buddies trailboss for the day. On the night side we went over to his house and did work lol. Its a steel sprocket so we just welded a bead on top of each tooth then grinded them down to the right size and repeated for a few again.

Came out great, lasted a day full of riding with no problems what so ever.

Long story short:

Sprocket broke
Fixed by welding new teeth on  :thumbs:

Also snapped my stock grab bar in 4 places over the weekend  :mad: chewing up my exhaust from dangling around before i had the chance to take it off completely. Cant afford new, will probably get it pieced back together.

I didnt wheelie back to far or anything, i just picked it up off some chocks and first the left side snapped, then the left fender mount. Then the other side in the same order. It was to the point where i could bend it up and down though so i kinda knew this was coming...

Pointless post?
Mostly...

Krandall

Sounds like an exciting day. :lol:

Well done on the fab work for the sprocket! I killed my stock grab bar.. I ended up gusseting it wellding the crap out of it. :lol:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Livingmylife93

lol thanks dude. Me and my friends were really proud of how well the sprocket came out.

As for the grab bar, i picked up some 1/4 inch steel today and will be making my own  ;)

Kamakazi

don't make the grab too strong, something much more expensive will be the next weak link, cuz the next post will be how do you weld a cast aluminum sub frame. ;)
98% of north americans that hit the ditch say "oh shit", the other 2% are from saskatchewan and say "hold my beer and watch this"

fastraptor

Quote from: kamakazi on February 17, 2009, 04:07:33 PM
don't make the grab too strong, something much more expensive will be the next weak link, cuz the next post will be how do you weld a cast aluminum sub frame. ;)

Hey thats funny!!
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle

Livingmylife93

Quote from: kamakazi on February 17, 2009, 04:07:33 PM

:lol: