Handle Bar Bend Differences?!?

Started by zx10r203, February 09, 2009, 12:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

I want to get a handle bar but I have not clue on the different bands. I was looking at the Pro Taper EVO.  Could someone help me out?!?!

Carmichael Bend:
CR High Bend:
Henry/Reed Bend:
RM Low Bend:
Windham MX/RM Mid Bend:
Woods High Bend:
YZ High Bend:

With is the closest to stock?!?!

fire raptor

Google. Pro Taper EVO handle bar specifications.

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

shookie

I dont think they make one in the EVO
2008 Raptor 700r SE
Hmf Ballance(black), PCV, Pro Design Foam,Maxxis razr 2 all the way around, Pro Taper SE Raptor Bend, ASV Levers, odi ROUGE lock on grips, Tusk Billet gas cap, Dr. D Reverse Lever, Rock A-arm guards, Rock nerfs
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own

Mad Dog

Quote from: zx10r203 on February 09, 2009, 12:34:17 PM
I want to get a handle bar but I have not clue on the different bands. I was looking at the Pro Taper EVO.  Could someone help me out?!?!

Carmichael Bend:
CR High Bend:
Henry/Reed Bend:
RM Low Bend:
Windham MX/RM Mid Bend:
Woods High Bend:
YZ High Bend:

With is the closest to stock?!?!

First figure out what a stock bar bend is...you can use the "raptor bend" from most other bar manufacturers to get close to the OEM specs.  Then use those specs to compare to the specs listed for the bars you have in mind.  Most will have a nice chart showing you what each dimension refers to.

Peelz

Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

who else but rk

your looking at bike bars. none of those bends will be as big as the raptor bend
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

DL700

RENTHALL makes a "raptor" bend/// ran their 660 bars on my 06 700 for a while...
currently running TRAIL TECH X BARS 1 1/8 oi love them !
CUERVO RACING

TeamYardsale

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-12211685255276_2022_293465

Those are the SE's

Most bends are 2+" shorter than the raptor and a bit wider unless its a mini/youth bar.

Im gonna be going with the HENRY/REED bar WITH a 3" Pivot handlebar riser (leftover from my sleds :D)

Reason being is I want a bit higher, this setup with give me about +1 height, it will have about 1.25 less pullback, and A bit wider (31.5) which I will be cutting back to the raptors stock 30.5 or so.
07 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE (Org/Blk)
GYTR Oval Race Pipe
GYTR Intake/Billet Adapter
GYTR Full Skids
Cobra Fi200r Fuel Programmer
ITP SS Wheels
Holeshot Tires