Need paddles for my Hipers

Started by G-Man, January 31, 2009, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Ordered some Hiper CF1's from Matt @ Highland.  Now I need to decide on what paddles to put on them.  I've read a lot on the new ITP Dune Stars with very positive comments.  I know a lot of people run Haulers and also Sand Stars.  I want them for general riding and climbing.  Would rather have good handling and all around traction rather than straight line racing or hill shooting.  Not concerned with being the quickest up the hill.  I've looked at the Skat Edge also for a V style.  RMATV has some good prices on the Dune Stars.  They would be much less that any of the Skats.  Gotta watch the dollars for a while since I decided to go with the Hipers.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Wheel sizes are 10x5 front and 9x8 rears.  Riding locations are Coos Bay and Winchester Oregon and Sand Mountain NV.  Raptor 700 with Monster duals, intake and PCIII.  Oh, and I weigh around 230. 

Let's hear the suggestions, especially on the Dune Stars.

Warren

well when i went to the dunes with my HMF exhaust, trinity intake and PCIII i got around great on my 8 paddle extremes. they are just like haulers but with a stronger paddle. i could turn great and they were great for hill climbing. hope this helps with your selection.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Gunz

Since you don't want straights and hipers are heavy, I'd go with Hauler Edges.

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar

G-Man

A lot of people say the Hipers are heavy.  They do have two different series wheels.  The ones I ordered are the recreational wheels, CF1's.  I am not completely against straight paddles.  I want a tire that gets around well, climbs decent and is comfortable turning.  I am looking for fun riding tires.  A tire that will climb well, turn good and be durable.  The AMS Aerospeed is another I have read good reviews on except that it bites very aggressive.  Thanks for the input.