Basic setup Questions

Started by Oilfield_Mafia, January 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado700R

Quote from: Leanfactor on January 24, 2009, 10:39:40 AM
Quote from: Oilfield_Mafia on January 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM
Ok, well thanks to Colorado700 and SoCalrappy , I got my suspension setup properly today.. for ME.(230lbs).  :clap:

Now with some more questions. But first, I will tell you about my riding habits, areas and such. Because Im sure it makes a difference.

I ride 90% of the time here in Eastern Oklahoma. Woods, creeks, trails, backyard flat tracks, small jumps (im chicken sh*t  :P), Very little sand, rocks, gravel, steep hills, rarely in 5th gear except on pavement. I spend ALOT of time in 2, 3 and 4th gears, tight turns. Low end power is great as is, but more is always better  :D I catch myself doing alot of donuts with this thing.. Ive only had it 2 days now. I like playin in the mud too. And just putting around with my wife and kids on their ATV's.

Now I think I have a setup picked out, but want some expierenced opinions on the parts Ive choosen. Please let me know if they are good for my application or not.

Exhaust: Barker Duals with billet clamps, PC III, Pro Flow Intake and outerware box cover, Stock Sproket sizes front and rear, but RK brand with an RK chain and CCP Stabilizer..

If there is anything that is in that list, that might not be necessary for me, please let me know. Also if there is something Im missing here. Thanks in advance ya'll! 8)

I need to adjust my suspension for me also (202 lbs).  Can you give me some tips on where to start?

Start here bro  :thumbs:  Take your time and do it right, but don't be afraid to tweak things (Slowly) to get what feels best for you  :thumbs:

http://www.raptorsource.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0

Oilfield_Mafia

x2 on that link. Listening to these folks here will teach you LOTS! I did the suspension setup as per the guide, and its much better. I also took some pointers from 'Rado about setting up for flat track racing and it made a huge difference!  :clap:

Hey Preddy, hows that CCP stabilizer? is it a good one? Im interested! :grin_nod:
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Colorado700R

I have the CCP stab and it works great.  I know it's not as adjustable as the Precision Stab, but it works for me  :thumbs: