Replace or repair headlight after rolling it?

Started by Headrope, May 19, 2009, 11:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Is it best to just go ahead and replace the headlight assembly after a wreck?

My wife barrel rolled her Raptor off a tree stump and tweaked the front right headlight. The light still works, is not cracked at all and the assembly is intact and attached at the top. The little tab at the bottom of the assembly broke - though it's still attached, dangling from it's mounting point.

I'm 99 percent sure I could just epoxy the lower tab back in place but know that sometimes fixes don't hold up and simple repairs need to be replacements. I've never had to repair a headlight on a quad before so don't know which way to go.

Please and thanks.
Two '06 700R SEs

Both with:                                          One also with:                   
GYT-R Sport front grab bar                   GYT-R Swingarm guard
GYT-R Engine/frame skid plate             GYT-R Nerf bars
GYT-R A-arm guards                           OMI Steering stem mount
GYT-R Aluminum radiator guard            ODI Lock-on grips

09RappySE

The headlight assy is not exspensive, I tried the epoxy thing and it did not work worth a crap....I say get the new light assy.
734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 12:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 74hp 52Tq

07 LT-R450
500cc Kit
Porting by Bo
DMC Pro Comp 4
Trinity intake
ATP intake Cam
Tuned by EHS 50hp 34Tq

Livingmylife93

when i rolled mine i cracked 2 of the 3 mounting points on both headlights. I just got creative with the zipties and a little drilling. They dont shake at all now...

Warren

i would say just replace it. you could just get one off ebay or maybe from somebody here.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Blair

the first time i broke mine i did the epoxy repair...

after i broke those i bought new ones...
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Gunz

The first time I broke mine, I bought a new one. I broke the replacement a week later in the exact same spot. I just made sure they were tight and said the hell with it. :'(

Dent Source LLC

941 +10 w/bar