Foam filter over K&N ?!?

Started by zx10r203, February 02, 2009, 03:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zx10r203

My brother and I were getting our bikes ready to go riding this weekend and we got approached by some guy with a honda and a suzuki on a trailer.  We all started talking and he was asking me about the K&N filter on mine, if I have had any issues with high dust conditions??  I told him that I have been riding mostly on sand and no dirt yet with the new setup. 

He said that the K&N style filter flow a lot better but the filtration could be better. TRUE.  In the other hand the foam filters filter great but don't flow as well. TRUE AGAIN.  So what he did to his is install a K&N filter with outerwear and use a foam sock filter over it!! He said that his Throttle Body is always really clean and no dirt film in it and he there was no change in air volume flowing through the K&N because anything below 1000cc's will not pull that much air to where this dual filter is restricting it.

He gave me the website that he bought the sock type foam filter from but it seems to me that all he is doing is blocking air flow!!
http://itgfilters.net/product.sc;jsessionid=7C3B4D77572B78202AA33EE6A8C5B6A1.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=3&productId=12

Anyone?!?!

Oilfield_Mafia

Im by far an expert .. :lol: especially with the raptors.. But I do know K&N's lack in filtration like you said. I chose just to run and outerware over my K&N on the GYT-R intake.. So far, its been really good.
Member #1 of Team Prick - GTFOMW

Horsepower is like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it.. Than need it and not have it.

Out Back Welding

i wouldnt know totally about this, but if it was safe and wasnt too restrictive, then i bet this would be a pretty good product for trail riding with no lid/airbox...

who else but rk

:confused:why would you even run a k&n then.
2008 KTM 250xc-f
pumpkin lover

zx10r203

Quote from: who else but rk on February 02, 2009, 06:43:18 PM
:confused:why would you even run a k&n then.

Exactly my point!! Wouldn't it just be cheaper to run the foam filter if thats what you were going to run in the first place with the K&N?!?!?!? 

Some people!!  ???

Krandall

I run both filters on mine. I can tell you.. I've seen the difference in my intake tube using K&N vs. The Foam.

I use foam in the super dusty summer. and I'll use the K&N on the rainy days. :thumbs:

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once