Megacycle vs Hotcams

Started by wobble, December 05, 2008, 07:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobble

Will a +5 crank increase vibration of the engine? This is important for me since my hands go numb after riding for a bit with my current build from the vibration.

Troy

My plus 5 doesn't seem to have any vibration issues so far.  The plus 5 crank will net you over 1/2 of a point extra in compression ratio also.  I'm with sub on this one, stroker crank, big valves, cnc head, big cam, big bore, ignition, kanoiter valve, turbo, nitrous, nitro..... that should do it for now. :thumbs:

sandaddy

Quote from: wobble on December 05, 2008, 03:47:31 PM
Quote from: sandaddy on December 05, 2008, 11:01:00 AM
Hey Dave....Hope all is well   :grin_nod:   I haven`t talked to you since I got my build done with the R E head, 105 bore, +3 TB, +1 Valves, Megacycle X-2 and 12:1 CP piston and lock-up clutch. So far, after 3 trips with new build, this set-up seems to be very good on the dunes. Lots more power on all the ranges with no loss that I can tell at the bottom ( Butt dyno says much more at bottom ).... I couldn`t do a base run on dyno to be able to compare actual before and after......Definitely more at mid and top. It keeps on pulling at high revs/speeds......more than I`ll go !!. I think it would also do real well on the trails.

Kenny didn`t have his piston at the time I did this, but that would be a strong consideration if I were to do it again. Morgan and John were super at Racer`s Edge and delivered as they said they would on turn-a-round. I did not mill cylinder, so gave up a little compression with the CP piston.....But Kenny`s Piston at proper deck height would give you a little more, which I think would also help out your bottom end. Grant just did a Kenz CNC head on one of his bikes with some other mods....but I don`t know if he has run it yet.

Let me know if you have any specific questions that I could help you with................~ Don  8)

Hey Don! Hope all has been well. Sounds like you went a little crazier on your build than you originally planned! :lol: I guess if I would have done that the first time, I wouldn't be wanting to do more. Well......actually......I probably would have wanted to do more anyway!

What type/brand of gas are you running with your setup?

It can run on pump gas............But I`m running a gallon of 110 with 4 gallons of 91......Just for a little safety sake...........~Don  8)
`06 780 Duner   Sandaddys Kid
`07 686 Duner   The "Spare"
`08 727 Duner    Dad`s Bike
`09 843 Duner    Dad`s Super Duner
`08 Z400 Duner  Moms` Bike
`10 Da Rzr        The Family Toy

air

I run a CP 11:1 with a 5 mil stroker crank on pump gas.
The stroker crank is the way to go for torque.
Rusty