ERMAHGERD

Started by gr8ride4u2luv, December 23, 2008, 03:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8ride4u2luv

I thought I was running a way rich map and I went for a 7 second stroll in the snow and I looked down and my headers were GLOWING RED. Hopefully I didn't hurt anything too bad!
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Warren

nope if your still running everything stock you are fine. they run alittle lean from the factory. and the headers will glow red no matter what you do. you have to think there are blue flames shooting into them out of the conbustion chamber. trust me your headers glowing is normal. if you really want to see if your lean or not check the spark plug.  :thumbs:
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

Krandall

Quote from: warren on December 23, 2008, 06:17:15 AM
nope if your still running everything stock you are fine. they run alittle lean from the factory. and the headers will glow red no matter what you do. you have to think there are blue flames shooting into them out of the conbustion chamber. trust me your headers glowing is normal. if you really want to see if your lean or not check the spark plug.  :thumbs:

+1 to what Warren said. The pipes will glow. It could be running rich like a fat pig and still glowing.

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

gr8ride4u2luv

No, its not stock. I just completed my build with everything in my signature. I mean the pipes were molting orange. It was unreal. Kinda scary!
Barker In-Frame Duals
CP 11:1
Corrected Deck Height Cylinder
Hot Cam Stage III
KW HD Springs
Track Port & Polish by BO
+3 Throttle Body
Pro Design Intake w/ K&N
PCIII
Dynatek Prog. Ignition W/ Custom Curves
KDS Evac Valve
15T Front Sprocket
GNCC 22x7x10 Fronts
GNCC 21x11x9 Rears
Skat Trak Edge 22x11x10 Rear Paddles
TM Designworks Case Saver
TM Designworks Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
P

Peelz

Quote from: Krandall on December 23, 2008, 07:52:18 AM

+1 to what Warren said. The pipes will glow. It could be running rich like a fat pig and still glowing.

How do I get the "fat pig tune"?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: gr8ride4u2luv on December 23, 2008, 12:06:49 PM
No, its not stock. I just completed my build with everything in my signature. I mean the pipes were molting orange. It was unreal. Kinda scary!

Stock mine glowed cherry red. I have a pic on my computer @ home of them glowing :)

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Warren

Quote from: gr8ride4u2luv on December 23, 2008, 12:06:49 PM

yeah you will be fine. they will do that. like i said you have the hottest type of flame shooting into them straight out of the combustion chamber.
:( USED TO HAVE:
07 700R raptor SE (black & orange)
DG nerf bars (black, thanks bmust)
custom engine skid, and A-arm gaurds (Thanks bmust)
custom made grab bar & fender mounts (black)
tusk billet gas cap (black)
OMI stem mount
razr2's
Barkers (black)
PCIII
FCI with box
+3 TB

kyledvor61

Quote from: Peels660 on December 23, 2008, 12:07:37 PM
Quote from: Krandall on December 23, 2008, 07:52:18 AM

How do I get the "fat pig tune"?
+1 id like to put this map on my yfz :lol:

DL700

THESE BIKES DONT RUN LEAN STOCK!!!

red headers does not always mean LEAN....
CUERVO RACING

1badazz_700r

mine glowed red when it was stock.they glow red now too with all the mods. however the plug is tan/brown so its not lean. Thet just seem toglow no matter what

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

air

The Stainless is thin and glows quickly
Rusty

RaptorRandy

Quote from: DL700 on December 24, 2008, 12:02:10 PM
THESE BIKES DONT RUN LEAN STOCK!!!

red headers does not always mean LEAN....

My 06 did....about 15:1 A/F when it was bone stock That's what prompted me to buy my PCIII directly from dynojet in Sept. of 05 the day they became avalable for the 700R.

I do agree that glowing headers do not always mean your running lean, the symptoms are the same at both ends of the spectum.

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

DL700

randy,
how did u test the a/f when it was stock? with the sparky in? maybe it read lean due to reversion? u will only get an accurate reading from 4000 rpm with the s/a in and with it out only above 3k under full throttle...
or your bike may have been an exception...it was a first run bike
CUERVO RACING

RaptorRandy

Quote from: DL700 on December 25, 2008, 04:22:52 PM
randy,
how did u test the a/f when it was stock? with the sparky in? maybe it read lean due to reversion? u will only get an accurate reading from 4000 rpm with the s/a in and with it out only above 3k under full throttle...
or your bike may have been an exception...it was a first run bike

We ran it on Skagit power sports dynojet eddied current dyno with a 5 gas analizer....both with the sparky in and out, it got leaner with it out. It went so lean with the lid off the airbox that it developed a lean miss.

Got a power commander and never looked back  :thumbs:

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.

1badazz_700r

mine was dyno'd on a factory pro model ec997 low enertia eddie current dyno with 4 gas analyzer. it was tuned to a 3.5 CO reading every 200 rpm'sfrom idle to redline. And the pipes still glow red :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe