vp u4.2 fuel yes or no?

Started by dabigbratj, October 10, 2008, 01:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabigbratj

description
U4.2TM
The latest generation of our U4 based fuels, this fuel is a direct pour-in replacement for pump gas, with little to no jetting changes required - +2 main jets and +2 pilot jets at the most. Makes power equivalent to U4 with no sticky residue and a less pungent odor. Designed for stock and modified 2-stroke and 4-stroke applications. U4.2 passes AMA amateur fuel rules and is perfect for club level racing, CCS, WERA and AFM. U4.2 makes up to 6% more power than pump gas.

has anyone ran this would it be good to run and have no problems with it?
please let me know your input on this type of fuel or what you would recomend for a vp gas i should get.thanks

the Merchant of Miscellanious Merchandise 

:swinger:

Colorado700R

Quote from: dabigbratj on October 10, 2008, 01:13:01 PM
description
U4.2TM
The latest generation of our U4 based fuels, this fuel is a direct pour-in replacement for pump gas, with little to no jetting changes required - +2 main jets and +2 pilot jets at the most. Makes power equivalent to U4 with no sticky residue and a less pungent odor. Designed for stock and modified 2-stroke and 4-stroke applications. U4.2 passes AMA amateur fuel rules and is perfect for club level racing, CCS, WERA and AFM. U4.2 makes up to 6% more power than pump gas.

has anyone ran this would it be good to run and have no problems with it?
please let me know your input on this type of fuel or what you would recomend for a vp gas i should get.thanks

I think the Racer's edge guys were playing with that stuff, might want to call or PM Morgan about it.

Aaron

dabigbratj

powder coater

I have used it with no trouble. Grant and Raptor Randy have also used it with problems plugging things up. I pumped it out at the end of the weekends and ran some fresh 110 through just to make sure. Jason at TRF said they leave it in there bikes for extended periods of time with no trouble.
Jason for Presedent !

dabigbratj

hmm that is odd that it works fine for some and not for others? ???

1badazz_700r

I run the VP 105.This shit is awesome :thumbs:

Just a little 778
105.5 WK cylinder CP 11:1
hotrods +5 crank
racersedge +2 head,with webb4
54mmTB with custom intake
sparks X-6exhaust
PC5/w autotune
dynatek programmable
slingshot lockup
+3 stock swingarm
hiper dual beadlocks/w gncc holeshots
flexx bars,burgard+2stem/w antivibe
ASV's
odi's

Bert

In a recent issue of Quad they has an in depth article about octane boosters & race gas, it was a good read... I'll see if I can find a link ?

DAMONZX12R

I USE VP OXIGENATED FUEL MRX01 IN MY RACE BIKE, YOU CANT LEAVE THIS STUFF IN SYSTEM. BEEN THINKING ABOUT SWITCHING TO XXX WHICH IS NEW OXY FUEL ON MARKET, XXX IS SUPPOSED TO BE ENVIRONMENTAL AND CAN BE LEFT IN TANK AND A LOT CHEAPER. I HAVE USED U4 AND MRX01 IN MY RAPTOR AND WORKED VERY WELL, NOW TIMES ARE A LOT HARDER AND $120 FOR 5 GALLONS IS A LITTLE TOO STEEP, THE XXX FUELS ARE AROUND $70 FOR 5 GALLONS.
06 RAPTOR 700
GYTR FULL EXHAUST
PC3R
15T
GYTR INTAKE,FILTER
03 ZX12R DRAG BIKE

PIPO

I never had any problems with 4.2 until I left it sit there for 5 months, lol. Seriously, no issues whatsoever riding every 2 weeks.
D727r

RaptorRandy

For the very small gain I get with it over SUNOCO Standard 110 race gas, I won't use it again. In the ride in the trailer from dumont to home it fouled my fuel system and caused me a good amount of grief and clean up to get the bike up and running back in a high state of tune. I can get the same or better dyno proven results for a lot cheaper with a Klotz additive in my race gas and it keeps for months in the tank. I just don't think the stuff is worth it IMHO.......

Randy

07 Aljo 199LTD toy box
99 F250 PSD

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge him,
And He shall direct your paths.