Running Rich?!?!

Started by Blair, November 09, 2008, 11:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blair

my friend and i just put our PCIII's on our Raptors, i used the maps that are on the power commander website

we went out for our first ride with them on yesterday, i will say that the difference is noticeable, however when we pulled the plugs today both seem to be running rich, his seemed to have a bog in 1st,2nd, and 3rd at really low throttle, mine seemed to run alright, however does shoot a little black smoke out on start up,

what is the easiest way to adjust the PCIII considering i have no idea where to start when looking at the map, and we do not have any one in our area with a dyno (that i know of)

we are at about 2200ft elevation so i am not sure if that is what is making the difference, it is also fairly close to freezing too??

any ideas on where to start with the adjustments would be greatly appreciated.
"The Difference Between Genius and Stupidity... Genius Has It's Limits"
"Scars are the Tattoo's of the Brave"
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Krandall

What kind of mods do each of you have?

The bogging he was having. Did it seem like it was only in the lower RPM's?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Blair

i have a Pro Circut T4 Slip on, and the PCIII, He has a hindle full titainum system, and the PCIII,

his bogging was only really at part throttle and lower RPM ind 1st and 2nd especially and a little in 3rd
06 Raptor 700 SE - Pro Circuit T4 - PCIII - ASV Levers - AC Racing Nerfs - AC belly Skid (broken) - Holeshot XCR - Pro Taper Raptor Bend Bars - Pro-Tec Prefilter Airbox Lid - HID Headlights -

Colorado700R

is his Airbox lid on?  and do either of you have an aftermarket intake?

Aaron

Blair

both have stock intakes with airbox lids on, and GYTR foam filters