Am i LEAN or RICH?

Started by Danny T, September 17, 2008, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny T

I have a DOBECK (yea i need to upgrade) but anyway my plug color looks really good a bit lighter than a tanish brown(like my skin!) anyway when i was out on the trails i noticed that after revving it out to just below the limiter while in 2nd or 3rd gear ON THE DECELeration it has a POP or 2.

It doesnt happen every time but here and there.
IT was raining real bad so i was going through lots of puddles and what not if that matters

So am i rich or lean?

PDX Raptor

Hopefully you a little lean if that is what the plug is telling you. You might also want to take a look at your TPS. They do not like water!
Charlie

BackwoodsBoy

First step of fixing that is getting a PC3! Just kidding man. But seriously.
2007 Rappy SE
A few mods, more to come!

Krandall

what settings are you running on your dobeck?

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

2.5, 6.5, 2.5, 7.5

When i am in second gear at idle speed, if i apply full throttle, i do not get an instant responce. It takes about 1-2 seconds for it to kick in. Also sometimes (not alwasy) in first gear while idling on cement, it will stutter. I tried increase the idle screw to 3 then 3.5 and got the same thing.

Peelz

Quote from: dmx434343 on September 25, 2008, 10:10:58 AM
2.5, 6.5, 2.5, 7.5

When i am in second gear at idle speed, if i apply full throttle, i do not get an instant responce. It takes about 1-2 seconds for it to kick in. Also sometimes (not alwasy) in first gear while idling on cement, it will stutter. I tried increase the idle screw to 3 then 3.5 and got the same thing.

That sounds a bit lean right off throttle. Can't help you though because you don't have jets.
Air filter clean?
Krandall: "peelz. I'll be real with you. As much as I hate on you for soccer, I really don't mind it"

Krandall

Quote from: dmx434343 on September 25, 2008, 10:10:58 AM
2.5, 6.5, 2.5, 7.5

I've been comparing your settings to that of a few others I've seen on Raptorforum and here are the ones that I found that have the same pipe/intake you have. It looks like your 3rd pot is quite a bit lean. Might try bumping it up a bit.

3.45, 7.15, 6.30, 9

4, 6:30, 8, 7

Sponsored by:
Yamaha Raptor Forum

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

Cowards die many times before their deaths The valiant never taste of death but once

Danny T

you know what, when i ran it at 3.5 i got a black soot color on my spark plug. so i figured it was too rich but maybe i had just fouled it out?

And my air filter is always clean. i just bought a brand new twin air because my old one feels like its getting thinner.

I am going to run it at 3.5 this weekend and check the plug after a few hours of riding. I can't really feel any performence difference in between the 2.

If i get a air intake i will for sure go pciii but for now ill stick with the dobeck.

Thanks for the input will report back

fastraptor

Change your plug before you do anything then see if it pops of does anything weird then make adjustments as needed :)
2006 Raptor 700r
Monster Duals
Skat Trak Haulers 8 paddle smooth buff fronts
Monster flow intake  Monster Box Fuel Controller
UMI Handlebars  Twist Throttle